We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

some peeps make friends with them self | Forum

Yılmaz Demirci
Yılmaz Demirci Jan 27 '14
Quote from Aliia Guys, do the same thing as Steve did.

1. Make sure that here: ow_plugins/friends/bol/service.php following text key is used: friends+newsfeed_action_string

2.In admin panel>>settings>>language>>find following text key friends+newsfeed_action_string
Make sure that is has following value: <a href="{$user_url}">{$name}</a> are now friends 

INCORRECT VALUE:
<a href="{$user_url}">{$name}</a> and <a href="{$requester_url}">{$requester_name}</a> are now friends

It was exactly it is!.. This solves most of it but it still exist same problem.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 27 '14
Quote from Yılmaz Demirci It was exactly it is!.. This solves most of it but it still exist same problem.

How does that not fix it?

Yılmaz Demirci
Yılmaz Demirci Jan 27 '14
I believe that my first post in this subject. If I add something to test its effect it is working. Thus there should be another problem. And another thought is that I added translation files of myprevious version to 1.6. Is this a problem?
Ben
Ben Jan 29 '14
Same problem here and my translation for friends+newsfeed_action_string is correct.

any suggestion?

Thanks
ross Team
ross Jan 30 '14
There's a bug in the newsfeed plugin. Within next 24 hours newsfeed plugin will be updated with a fix. 
Ben
Ben Jan 30 '14
Great thank your ross
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Feb 1 '14
The new updated plugin brought the bug back. The fix is still the same.
The Forum post is edited by Steve Winter Feb 1 '14
ross Team
ross Feb 3 '14
Steve when you updated newsfeed you need to revert the changes (fix you provided earlier)
ben
ben Feb 3 '14
hey ross, glad to hear it has been fix. thank you.
ross Team
ross Feb 4 '14
No problem
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Feb 7 '14
Quote from Aliia 2.In admin panel>>settings>>language>>find following text key friends+newsfeed_action_string Make sure that is has following value: {$name} are now friends 

The same problem seems to be back again and changing the text string isn't fixing it.

Steve

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Feb 7 '14
<a href="{$user_url}">{$name}</a> are now friends

Is NOT working now!

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Feb 8 '14
No one else having this problem?  When they make friends with someone the newsfeed says that they made friends with themselves 
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Feb 9 '14
I finally just turned off friend notifications in newsfeed.
ross Team
ross Feb 10 '14
Steve can you please PM me your admin details and domain name, I'll take a look?
Wilson
Wilson Feb 10 '14

Having the same issue. See attached photo, everything seems to be right?

Regarding: 1. Make sure that here: ow_plugins/friends/bol/service.php following text key is used: friends+newsfeed_action_string :
my file looks right:

), array(
            'string' => array("key" => 'friends+newsfeed_action_string', "vars" => array(
                'user_url' => $uUrls[$userId],

need help on this!
Wilson

Attachments:
  friendsmakingfriends.jpg (126.53Kb)
  friendsmaking friends2d.jpg (102.27Kb)
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Feb 11 '14
It is some sort of bug in the newsfeed plugin.

ben
ben Feb 14 '14
looks like newsfeed plugins need to be repaired
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Feb 23 '14
Reverting back to <a href="{$user_url}">{$name}</a> and <a href="{$requester_url}">{$requester_name}</a> are now friends 

is working fine now for me with the new newsfeed plugin.

ross Team
ross Feb 24 '14
Good to know Steve. 

Ben have you reverted your language changes as was suggested before?

Pages: « 1 2 3 »