We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

turn mobile off [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 10 '14
is there a way to turn mobile site off 
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 9 '14
Allen Burtt
Allen Burtt Jan 10 '14

I'm also interested in knowing the answer to this question.

I am using a responsive template for Oxwall which displays OK on the iPhone. The mobile version of Oxwall does not, and I gather that it still has some way to go with development. So, in the meantime, content not to use the Oxwall mobile features at this stage.

Anyone know how to stop the default Owxall mobile displaying?

Cheers 

ross Team
ross Jan 13 '14
To disable mobile version insert this code: define('OW_USE_CONTEXT', 1); in the ow_includes/config.php file
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 13 '14
hi this does not work 
Allen Burtt
Allen Burtt Jan 13 '14

Hi Ross,

Also tried this solution and it did not work. Mobile still defaults to Oxwall 1.6 mobile template (which also does not display correctly on my site as per my first message).

Cheers

Allen

Wilson
Wilson Jan 13 '14
I would go back and reinstall version 1.5.3 until they get things working! Don’t update any plugins, save all of your current plugins. This is like the Heath Care roll out! BAD NEWS!

Wilson

ps. I have attached version 1.5.3
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 13 '14
Attachments:
  oxwall-1.5.3.zip (11012Kb)
Jaroslaw
Jaroslaw Jan 13 '14
Thanks ross. It works.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jan 13 '14
this did not work for me 
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '14
Guys, you need to check your class ow in ow_core/ow.php . Please download latest package again and check whether that code match, replace the file if not, and try the solution above it should work. 
Allen Burtt
Allen Burtt Jan 14 '14

Ross, re your message above, you were spot on!

The "ow.php" file in the Oxwall 1.6 update package I downloaded on 8 January 2014 has changed. I therefore replaced the "ow.php" file and the mobile site is disabled. As stated in my original message, this solution works for me because I have a responsive template that displays correctly on the desktop, iPad and iPhone.

Thanks heaps for your help. One final question - Should I install the CURRENT Oxwall 1.6 update package in full (i.e. overwrite the original install)? I'm happy to install the package in full if there are other code changes, but if not content to leave things as they are.

Cheers

Allen  

ross Team
ross Jan 14 '14
No need to install full package again. That was the only change. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 25 '14
thanks ross ur a legand
Roderick
Roderick Feb 7 '14
I tried above, when i replace ow.php to the version of 1.5.3. my site goes blank..

Tried what Ross said: To disable mobile version insert this code: define('OW_USE_CONTEXT', 1); in the ow_includes/config.php file

But that does not seem to work, does anybody have step by step help for me?

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14

have the file at the bottom like this and mobile stops working
ow_includes/config.php file

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);

define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);

define('OW_USE_CONTEXT', 1);

}

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Feb 7 '14
Roderick
Roderick Feb 7 '14