We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

After upgrading to 1.6 | Forum

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 10 '14

I updated everything correctly and everything works fine except the Desktop version:

1) Drag 'n' drop does not work, anywhere, in any way, with any subject, with the default theme either.

2) You can not delete users

3) Users can not point to events

4) Can not comment on the news

Someone can help me?

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jan 10 '14
I cannot delete users either. *I also have this problem that when I change one of the plugins it turns of custom profiles and I have to re-enable them. Getting lots of complaints from members about that, the moment it changes on them.

-Edit- *Realized it was only when I remove the cover photo, which still creates broken images when someone adds a cover photo. Well maybe not broken, but no thumbnail and shifted above the other photos.
The Forum post is edited by Vladimir Bach Jan 10 '14
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 10 '14

You might want to contribute here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15577

and here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15458

It is looking really really really bad for Oxwall.

Regards,

Steve 

Pete
Pete Jan 10 '14

Everything seems ok with my new install ,not many features on this mobile ,but its a start ,and I am sure over the next few weeks more things well be added to this mobile .

http://ukadoptionregister.org/

Please do not join my website ,its under construction (Thanks)

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 10 '14
Quote from Pete

Everything seems ok with my new install ,not many features on this mobile ,but its a start ,and I am sure over the next few weeks more things well be added to this mobile .

My concerns are not with the mobile part but how much of the previous desktop functionality was damaged with this fiasco.  I will normally go through an upgrade of just about anything if for nothing more than a higher version number but the horror stories I am reading are making me afraid to even try this one.  Not to mention that many of my important plugins don't seem to have updates.

Steve

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jan 10 '14
This install went pretty smoothly for me. I wish the mobile had a few more features. But over all It's all good to me.
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jan 12 '14
Well I restored back to 1.5, because there were a bunch of issues with the update. Notifications were all wack and didn't show up properly, couldn't delete members, site was super slow, mobile was not developed enough yet, cover photos produced broken images on homepage and photo page, and various other issues. I will wait until it's more stable.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 12 '14
After many tests, much to install, uninstall and try different combinations came to the conclusion that the plugin is excente myTags http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15692 in 1.53 despite working correctly in 1.6 is toxic and failure causes many loose things around the system. Finally I managed to install 1.6 and I've gotten it to work properly with the many plugins I use. It is exactly like the 1.53 and adds nothing new except the access from mobile. From mobile log is useless because you can not do anything, is too basic version, so I run out myTags with a useless access from mobile and lost several days of many hours of trouble and dislikes. By the way have also lost all the photo comments, profiles, events ... A disaster as big as mine site. Better not update anything, learn from me: "IF IT WORKS, DO NOT UPGRADE NOTHING"
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 12 '14
Some of you might want to share in the thread http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15684
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 12 '14
I think that different developers have already read and we have received many private messages, I do not think anything more protests fixed in less time. Remember that no charge and that this software is provided as is, and especially plugins in general are pretty bad finishes. The most I have to retouch because they unforgivable oversights, such as "Reminder" http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/234 that sends warnings that do not connect to members who have blocked! Anything you install the check.
Todd Jumper
Todd Jumper Jan 12 '14

I get this error after updating either manually or automatically to 1.6, therefore my entire forums are down and probably need to be rebuilt from scratch unless anyone knows how to revert the update.   My site located @ shelfwarmers.com

Message:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'isMobile' in 'where clause'File:/home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/ow_core/database.phpLine:331Trace:#0 /home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/ow_core/database.php(331): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/ow_core/database.php(432): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM p...', Array) #2 /home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/ow_core/base_dao.php(89): OW_Database->queryForObjectList('SELECT * FROM p...', 'BOL_Document', Array, 0, Array) #3 /home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/document_dao.php(111): OW_BaseDao->findListByExample(Object(OW_Example)) #4 /home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/navigation_service.php(117): BOL_DocumentDao->findAllStaticDocuments() #5 /home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/ow_core/application.php(173): BOL_NavigationService->findAllStaticDocuments() #6 /home5/toddjump/public_html/shelfwarmers/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #7 {main}Type:PDOException
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jan 13 '14
You did a major upgrade (or downgrade actually) with no backup?   Check with your hosting company to see if they have a backup that predates the mistake.

Todd Jumper
Todd Jumper Jan 13 '14

I have a local back up of my custom settings and artwork. so that's fine.  But even the web host tried to upgrade it manually and it keeps failing.

I have started with a fresh install of Oxwall 1.6 instead but having an odd issue. If you go to the main page- I get page not found, in order to load the main page you have to click on main.

Here is the address to my oxwall install  shelfwarmers.com - if anyone can go there and test the facebook login or try to make an account.  This is not in anyway trying to advertise my site, just running tests. Once I can confirm everything looks ok, will try to incorporate my backed up data.

Todd Jumper
Todd Jumper Jan 13 '14
Well looks like 1.6 Facebook signup is not working?

I am getting 500 internal server error, not only at my install but on oxwall.org as well?

Anyone else running into this?