We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

csv | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ed claassen
ed claassen Jan 15 '14
Is there any way to import a .csv from the oxwall 1.5.3 to oxwall 1.6?

The plugin gives a unknow upload error.

I made a .csv from the database of oxwall 1.53

Ed

ross Team
ross Jan 20 '14
Have you tried this one: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/40 ?
ed claassen
ed claassen Jan 20 '14
I think That one goes about .sql and not the .csv
ross Team
ross Jan 24 '14
No, CSV
Tom
Tom Jan 31 '14
I tried this plugin (http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/39) on a 1.6 (SkaDate Lite) site and it did not create a CSV file.  My goal is to use the Contact Importer with a CSV file, but I can't find any info on the proper file format or options.  Any help would be appreciated.
ed claassen
ed claassen Jan 31 '14
Ross that plugin gives the error

Tom
Tom Jan 31 '14
I found the solution to the issue I was having.  When you save a .csv file from Excell on a Mac it does not place the end of line indicators correctly.  I imported my data into a Google Doc Spreadsheet and then exported a .csv file, which worked correctly.

I also needed to scroll down on the import tool field options to see all of them.  They are as follows:

About, About My Match, Birthday, Body Type, Body Type, Drinking, Drinking, Email, Ethnicity, Ethnicity, Eye Color, Favorite Way to Spend Time, Favorite Way to Spend Time, Gender, Hair Color, Here For, In My Own Words, Looking For, Match's Desired Age, Password, Real Name, Should Search For, Smoking, Smoking, Username

The Forum post is edited by Tom Jan 31 '14
ross Team
ross Feb 2 '14
Ed, 

What kind of error, the one Tom is talking about?

ed claassen
ed claassen Feb 2 '14
The only  error i have now is that he won't Update the plugin foto. The rest works now.
ross Team
ross Feb 3 '14
CSV does not transfer images only data