We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

EXIF Data | Forum

Fernando
Fernando Jan 21 '14
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in including EXIF Data below the tags box when viewing an image.

How do I go about doing this? What file in the photo plugin should I be editing?

Thank you!

ross Team
ross Jan 27 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Daisy Team
Daisy Jan 27 '14
Fernando, could please provide us with more details on how exactly you want it to work?
Fernando
Fernando Aug 6 '14

Hello and thanks for your reply.

Exif data is mostly used on professional photographers sites. But its a great tool for amateur photographers. It is used to display a photo's meta tags that includes camera make and model, ISO, Shutter speed, etc. It is useful for other photographers to have an idea of the settings the camera was set to capture an image.

I understand that PHP provides functions to read EXIF meta data from images. I  haven't tried it. 

Coppermine uses this as an option. You can read about the pros and cons to displaying meta data for photos.

Where to display this information?

Displaying the information from the file or saving it to the database would be a choice from the developer. I understand that if a database is to be use for storing this information, it would have to scan all photos on the website and build this information.

The data might look like this (sample):

Anyway, many thanks for taking the time to ask about this. I know it might not be one of Oxwall's top priorities, but it would be really nice to have this added as an option for many sites.

Thanks!