We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Text boxes disappearing or not displaying. (Also one admin can't get to website) | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 23 '14
3 images added below,

So when you click to leave a message it won't let you, posting in the forums still works and things like that.

As for my member who can't get to the site.

He claims he can with Proxy however can't sign in.

I had another member said he can't get to it with his PC but can use the one in his basement to log on and get to the site.

Who does this happen and what can I do to fix it before it starts happening to a lot of people. I asked my website provider and they claim no IPs are banned on their server.

Attachments:
  example.png (9.74Kb)
  example 2.png (13.21Kb)
  example 3.png (8.24Kb)
ross Team
ross Jan 28 '14
Kenneth, 

I see you expanded the wall widget across the page. We have checked in the console. There's a javascript error. Have you made any custom javascript modifications? Please disable them. Also, please revert the wall widget to the default width and test if it works. 

As to the issue with your members not able to enter the website - we need more details on that. What OS they use? What browser? Version of the browser? As more details as possible. 

Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 29 '14
Quote from ross Kenneth, 

I see you expanded the wall widget across the page. We have checked in the console. There's a javascript error. Have you made any custom javascript modifications? Please disable them. Also, please revert the wall widget to the default width and test if it works. 

As to the issue with your members not able to enter the website - we need more details on that. What OS they use? What browser? Version of the browser? As more details as possible. 

I found out it was the provider blocking IPs without telling me about them.

I haven't made any mods to the boxes. Is there a chance the theme Biohazard did it after the update? if you mean the comment boxes on the video section that is http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/604

I will see about trying a debug screen shot.

Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 29 '14
Quote from ross Kenneth, 

I have added a photo of my debug, Not sure if any of those are causing the issue.
Attachments:
  Troubleshooting.png (243.24Kb)
Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 29 '14
I disabled all those plugins causing those issues and the text box bug remains.
Kenneth
Kenneth Jan 29 '14
disabling java script fixed the problem however does this effect anything on my site?
ross Team
ross Jan 30 '14
Kenneth, 

Can you please send me in PM your admin and Cpanel access details? so we could take a closer look at the problem. 

ross Team
ross Jan 30 '14
Kenneth I logged in to your website, the wall widget is working as it should