We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site updated but the site formatting seems to take a little longer to update! | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Jul 29 '11
A hard one to explain here...
When I navigate through some menu items in admin panel or switch between admin and site I see a page that looks like CSS has gone or broken but a split second after that the page is formatted correctly.

It seems to take a little longer to apply the formatting!  I noticed this using the jquery fix to get IE9 working but it was so slight.

It seems to be more pronounced now.

Firefox.  Looks like CSS is broke then it comes good.
IE9.  Looks like the page "flickers just before full load.
Chrome.  Same as IE9, looks like it flickers.

Any suggestions?
(Dev team, PM me and I will set you up with admin if you need it)
Dantes
Dantes Jul 29 '11
i notice that too!
it looks like its not formated and then everything back to normal
AND i think dashboard is taking longer than any other page to load
and i think is too much longer compare with others
Rafael
Rafael Jul 29 '11
i felt that i have done all i can. if can possible help me that will be great. mysite is doing very well and i dont want to start over. i run live shows and i have a big following and things of that nature. i cant afford to start over with my members and groups. i will give you my ftp, and admin of my site if necessary. please im in desperate need here.
Mark
Mark Jul 29 '11
does it do it everytime or just the first time it is loaded, could just be the files being cached?
Dantes
Dantes Jul 30 '11
nop everytime
Martin
Martin Jul 30 '11
Hi, It may be that the values

define ('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
   define ('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

in the file ow_includes/config.php are in true

Martin

Dantes
Dantes Jul 30 '11
hows that?...it mut be true or must be false?
Martin
Martin Jul 30 '11
this must be false, only set to true if want to re-generate the template files stored in the cache.

Martin
Dantes
Dantes Jul 30 '11
where can i chek it please?
Michael Leader
Michael Jul 31 '11
Dev mode was true.  I changed to False and it seems a tad quicker but still the "lack of" css seems to appear briefly.

Point to note.  In 1.1.1 with dev mode set to true it DIDNT do it so something has changed in 1.2.1 to cause this.  I would be happier if this was rectified!

The Forum post is edited by Michael Jul 31 '11