We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Oxwall Mainly for Developers?[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jordan
Jordan Feb 2 '14
I have no coding experience, but I want to create a social network using oxwall. I want to be able to customize it and add plug-ins and I was wondering if that will be possible with no coding experience? Also I would rather not use wall.fm if possible.
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 9 '14
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 2 '14
oxwall needs little experience to use however you do need experience of setting up hosting servers, cron jos and mysql databases 
ross Team
ross Feb 2 '14
To launch a social network powered by Oxwall you don't need any coding experience

Please, read the installation and user guide manuals here: http://docs.oxwall.org/

However, in future, if you'd like to make some major customization you might need to do some coding, depends on the type of customization. 

Jordan
Jordan Feb 4 '14
Thank you, your answers were very helpful. I will have to give it a try
Sammy
Sammy Feb 4 '14
Ross & Kieron do i need customization to make my oxwall look like a dating site or are there plugins in the store that have the dating features like match making, speed dating, like, dislike and chat now features. i know of hot list plugins.
ross Team
ross Feb 4 '14
No, you can't achieve this using Oxwall as it is community software (social software). There are no any matchmaking and speeddating plugins in the store. You will need to do a lot of code customization to do that. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Feb 4 '14
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 4 '14
there is a dating sript available from the original authors of Oxwall "skalfa" called skadate http://www.skadate.com/
ross Team
ross Feb 4 '14
also, Skadate Lite is a dating set-up: lite.skadate.com
Sammy
Sammy Feb 7 '14
ok thanks. i have checked them out already before now. i wanted to know if i can get that in oxwall website. thanks alot
ross Team
ross Feb 9 '14
Unfortunately, no. Those are unique plugins which cannot be found on oxwall store
Sammy
Sammy Feb 10 '14
ok. thanks alot