We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cron run problem | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 4 '14
when i manual run my cron i get a blank page 90% 
of the time and some times i get this error 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42 bytes) in /home/theopenr/public_html/naughty/ow_core/entity.php on line 71

php memory limit is set to 512mb

so my cron is using over 1/2 gb ram to run every minute 

i should not have to set the php memory no where near this high 

the only time cron seams to run is if i enable plugins that give me an error on cron run 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 6 '14
can some one please help me with this my cron only seams to run 2 % of the time 
96% blanks page 
2 % gets errors but cron runs
dave Leader
dave Feb 6 '14
are you running watchdog?
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
no dave i removed it long time ago was to many issues 
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
ok well somewhere when you run cron its obviously trying to pull too much so try this in your php ini file, this is how i have my own set and no cron issues.  It will help it by doing it in chunks rather than all at once.   Try it as a test and see.  At least it might help find the issue. 

here is my php ini,   the ; are comments in a php ini file you can set it as you like just have the one at least 10% higher than the other..  i upload alot of videos so thats why mine is so high.

;post max size at least 10 percent higher

;than upload max size

post_max_size = 400M

upload_max_filesize = 360M

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 7 '14
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
i changed the format  a bit so it looks better , i keep forgetting that this new editor takes out all spaces.. 
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
it also looks like you might be pulling alot when you do the crc32 checksum routine in the file. This is a first for me seeing that, usually thats not a problem. let me dig a bit. 
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
what version of php are you using
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
i just found one problem when i went i uprade my php version for 1.6 i did not enable gzip mod deflate 
i have rebuild apachi and some of the problems have been fixed 
not only in cron run but seams to of fixed a fair few of my problems 

cron seams to be working now but only fails when i get warning from a couple of pludins and have messaged the developers and hope can fix them 

all because of not ticking one stupid box lol

dave how are you uploading videos i tryed every one in store and all just done do it right and wont use them ??
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
no did not fix it 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5485 bytes) in /home/theopenr/public_html/naughty/ow_core/database.php on line 433
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
i use Puru's plugin and it works fine, i had to make a couple of adjustments for play that he knows about but it works fine.  

Remember that apache mods can eat up alot of memory fast, also that if you just happen to be doing a crc32  on a large hash which this seems to be doing, it can conflict if you have something else running that grabs a bunch of stuff out of the data base all at once instead of in chunks...   

Hopefully you have it fixed now. 

dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
OH OK dang... one min
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
yeah def something your running, i would take a stab in the dark and say at server level is grabbing huge chunks of memory which is conflicting with what the script needs. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
i done the php init thing and same still not working

i tryed hie plugin and the player is stupid it user quicktime 

no thumbs on video

it does not encode the vide

it does not use fivtool2, php cli or anything else a video upload script

as a video uploader it does just about nothing a video upload script should do 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
i think i will have to uninstall plugin one at a time and see if i can find what is using so much memory 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
dave thank you for your time and on trying to fix my problem i retract my bad words on you 
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
OK,  he did add fmmpeg, as far as the thumbnails i just use a standard one, unless your on a ded server thumbs slow down the loading anyway so i prefer not to have them.  Being on a shared server environment it does take a few to upload but thats normal and it works great for me. 
dave Leader
dave Feb 7 '14
NP Tammy 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
i have vps server with all the mods for upload videos that every other upload script uses 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 7 '14
he only add ffmpeg to get thumbs and not to encode video he is using 10 % of what ffmpeg should be used for
php cli to encode and upload video in the background  every upload site uses this to fee up server resorces
fivtool to put meta info into video 
mp4box to make hd videos 
Pages: 1 2 »