We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Revoke Foxtech's seller privileges | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Feb 15 '14
It is apparent a high number of users here at oxwall are dissatisfied with Oxtech's and for good reason. They are not offering the support for Oxwall they should they are bad for Oxwall's image and have already made many user's mad with their lack of support for paid plugin's. I vote for Oxwall to please remove Seller status from their account. Further More I urge other users to leave comments here in support of this.
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Feb 19 '14
alex castillo
alex castillo Feb 15 '14
yes outside Oxwall!!
Den Team
Den Feb 17 '14
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Abbey
Abbey Feb 19 '14
Oxtech or FoxTech?
Joseph
Joseph Feb 19 '14
foxtech sorry I knew I wrote that wrong lol
Joseph
Joseph Feb 19 '14
den this is not general chat this has to do with the store 
dave Leader
dave Feb 19 '14
Since there are always 2 sides to every story, and to be fair.  I would like to hear Foxtechs response to this.  Explain your position, your intention to offer support, and your intention to handle customer issues and your intention to offer resolve for this issue. 

Oxtech and Foxtech are the same i believe  http://www.oxwall.org/user/OxTechs

Oxtech is just their username.   But it does say they are currently on hiatus... 

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 19 '14
dave Leader
dave Feb 20 '14
Either they closed their hosting account, or they didnt pay their hosting bill or something happened to cause the hosting company to suspend their account.  They may have simply forgot to take care of something before their hiatus... 

But regardless that is not a good sign, i will email Aliia on this one and see what i can do about their account here until that issue with their site is resolved.. 

Aliia notified... 

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 20 '14
Jeff
Jeff Feb 21 '14
I would like to add that I have also been on the losing end of FoxTech support and lies. I know we would all "like to hear Foxtechs response" but that probably is not going to happen. Updates were promised mid-January and the developer disappeared shortly after. Refunds have been refused by FoxTech and users are currently battling with PayPal for refunds.

All we users want is an update to the plugin. FoxTech went back and added compatibility statements after purchases were made and claimed they were there the whole time. FoxTech promised an update after weeks of delay and then disappeared after promising it "tomorrow". It has been almost a month since then with no word from FoxTech. The issue first started with FoxTech telling one user that he was the only one with an issue. As you can see from the Bug Reports forum there are multiple users having the issue. Testing the plugin with vanilla 1.5 or 1.6 Oxwall shows the plugin does not work as advertised.

I don't know how to get a response from FoxTech if they simply refuse - but it is not right that the plugin gets to stay in the store with potentially more and more users getting ripped off each day. The plugin wasn't working when it was published on Jan 2, and hasn't been updated since. It is also listed on the Oxwall blog as one of the best plugins of 2013 so it shows up in Google search results as being promoted by Oxwall - AND IT DOESN'T WORK.

The MyTags plugin needs to be removed from the blog and the store. I know my $15 is probably gone but no one else deserves to lose their money.

We even had developers offer to fix the issues FOR FoxTech at no charge early on and they refused.

At the LEAST the MyTags plugin needs to be disabled in the store. Hopefully it can be done without removing the forum conversations as I have hope that someone will see the need for a similar plugin and pick up the slack.

Martyn ZombieTuesday
Quote from Jeff I would like to add that I have also been on the losing end of FoxTech support and lies. I know we would all "like to hear Foxtechs response" but that probably is not going to happen. Updates were promised mid-January and the developer disappeared shortly after. Refunds have been refused by FoxTech and users are currently battling with PayPal for refunds.

All we users want is an update to the plugin. FoxTech went back and added compatibility statements after purchases were made and claimed they were there the whole time. FoxTech promised an update after weeks of delay and then disappeared after promising it "tomorrow". It has been almost a month since then with no word from FoxTech. The issue first started with FoxTech telling one user that he was the only one with an issue. As you can see from the Bug Reports forum there are multiple users having the issue. Testing the plugin with vanilla 1.5 or 1.6 Oxwall shows the plugin does not work as advertised.

I don't know how to get a response from FoxTech if they simply refuse - but it is not right that the plugin gets to stay in the store with potentially more and more users getting ripped off each day. The plugin wasn't working when it was published on Jan 2, and hasn't been updated since. It is also listed on the Oxwall blog as one of the best plugins of 2013 so it shows up in Google search results as being promoted by Oxwall - AND IT DOESN'T WORK.

The MyTags plugin needs to be removed from the blog and the store. I know my $15 is probably gone but no one else deserves to lose their money.

We even had developers offer to fix the issues FOR FoxTech at no charge early on and they refused.

At the LEAST the MyTags plugin needs to be disabled in the store. Hopefully it can be done without removing the forum conversations as I have hope that someone will see the need for a similar plugin and pick up the slack.

Im tempted to agree :) if nothing else because it is on the oxwall blog .. it does nothing for oxwall software and its team developers to be advertising it .. and then prospective users coming across this plugin and its issues.
dave Leader
dave Feb 21 '14
I also agree 100% that if they have flown the coop then everything needs to be deactivated asap to prevent anyone else from having issues.   Give this some time and see what Aliia and the team come up with.  
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 21 '14
i agree lets see what the oxwall team say
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '14
start page pro needs to be removed until he learns how to right html properly the whole plugin is a mess and theirs not one theme in it that works 

on asking him to fix it and showing him the problem his answers was he just does not know php or ccs or one single thing about how html should be by any webmasters guidelines 

start page / index page is the most important page of any site 
i spent 4 days goin over it and fixing stuff and just give up its way to messy 

i have sent some of the main problems and his answers to my problems to ross few days ago but have not heard from him 

and i just checked adds pro and its even more stuffed up then start page pro
so looks like i got ripped off twice 

i have asked him several times for a refund and no reply
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 22 '14
start page pro is by aaron and i have not had a problem with it 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '14
start page theme twocolumn problems

image 1 
1   slogan, description , center content not editable in language
2 bad spell female can edit in language 
3 language flag in stupid place at bottom of the page

4 bad spell  mounth 

5 terms and newsletter tick boxes don't show up

ogo image 

This image has the wrong file extension or mime type.
This is usually caused by saving the image with the wrong extension (e.g. saving as JPEG, but using a .gif extension).
Mime type image/jpeg indicates file is a JPEG, but file contents are PNG

images
IMG tags must have an ALT attribute.
Add an ALT attribute describing each image, which screen readers read aloud. Spacer images and purely decorative images should use ALT=''.

form

Add a LABEL tag with the FOR attribute set to the ID of this control. This allows screen readers to tell the user what each control does. Do not wrap LABEL tags around input controls (implicit labels) since this is very unreliable in older screen readers.

Screen readers use LABEL elements or TITLE attributes to describe form fields to non-sighted users. Without these, forms are very hard to use with a screen reader. Forms designed to be completed online shall allow people using assistive technology to access the information, field elements, and functionality required for completion and submission of the form, including all directions and cues.

This LABEL refers to a non-existent control.

This happens when the FOR attribute doesn't exactly match a control ID, or targets a control NAME instead of a control ID.

This page has duplicate IDs which cause problems in screen readers.
Two or more tags on this page share the same ID. Change the ID so it is unique for each tag.

This page has markup errors, causing screen readers to miss content.
Fix the errors listed on the Standards tab of this report. Markup errors like missing end tags mean screen readers may skip important content.

Ensure that foreground and background colors have enough contrast.
Some users find it hard to read light gray text on a white background, dark gray text on a black background and white text on a red background.
The foreground/background contrast ratio is 1. The ratio should be 4.5 or more, and for links this applies to both visited and unvisited styles.

Headings should not be empty.
Add text to the heading, or ALT text if the heading contains an image. Screen readers read out page headings, allowing users to quickly skip to a section, but some older screen readers do not ignore empty headings

If you set any of the colors on the BODY tag you must set all of them.
In HTML the color attributes are TEXT, BGCOLOR, LINK, ALINK and VLINK. In CSS the attributes are COLOR and BACKGROUND-COLOR. Some users have browser defaults set to white text on a black background, so setting one color without setting the others can result in black text on a black background.

This page has more than one H1 tag, which violates Bing webmaster guidelines.
Leave the title of the main content as H1 and change other H1 tags to a lower heading level.

Google recommends using well-formed HTML code in your webpages. This page has mismatched tags.

Fix the critical errors listed on the Standards tab of this report. Markup errors like unclosed comments or unclosed title tags mean search engine may miss important content.

and i could go on and on this theme does not work and the whole thing is stuffed beyond fixing 

needs a full re wright

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '14
theme moden-2013

same problems 
1, 2, 3, 4 
as first theme
5 terms and conditions tick boxes work in this theme 
6 slogan from admin does not show up 
7 description from admin dose not show up 
8 nothing on the whole page is  editable in language
9 language flags to small 
upload background image screws the whole page up 

and the htmls are way more screwed up then first theme

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '14
theme  modern-wlogin

si so dam screwed up i womt go past the first big plack line through the page
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '14
theme withouttb
same problems as 
theme twocolumn 

theme default 
same problems as 
theme twocolumn 

theme 2coloumn-wlogin
same problems as 
theme twocolumn  but tick boxes working 

theme withoutb-2col

same problems as 
theme twocolumn

theme aaa

same problems as 
theme twocolumn and modern-2013

theme mobile just does not even show up 
tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '14
if you use this plugin and say you are selling shoes on your website 

then because the whole thing is so do screwed up google bot bing bot and evey other search engine bot will not index your site in search engine anywhere near the top of the list for selling shoes 

if you done everything you can can and set it for search words shoes  if you go a google search on shoes your site would not be in the first 100 pages o one will ever see your site 

the plugin brakes every rule in google webmaster and bing webmaster 

with lots of stupid things like having 2   <h1> title tages
missing </p>     

do your self a huge favor and run your front page through
 http://www.powermapper.com/

bottom left enter your url  in test a site
if you have good html and structure the site will give you a badge to put on your site 

you need to be in the top 5%  then your site will do great in every search engine

i have show aron this and how it even shows you where the problems are and even how to fix them 

but his answer was he just does not know anything about seo or ccs  or even html

so my question how did a plugin that just does not even have a theme in it that works
and that is for start page / index page, that is the most important page of your site
with so many thing that are against every  webmasters/ programming guidelines even get into the store 

tammy harris
tammy harris Feb 22 '14
is so dam stuffed up if you use cashe cleaner the whole dam thing reverts back to default so anything u do is lost 
Pages: 1 2 »