We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

@ connect coming this week! | Forum

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 19 '14

Should be done this week. You can notice the  Home @connent #discover buttons. We will also have a Me button and possibly Search button. 

Any Questions? 

Attachments:
  My Snapshot27.jpg (46.13Kb)
bobbi
bobbi Feb 19 '14
how much will it cost
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 19 '14
$25 or $20 for those who purchased already. 

Joseph
Joseph Feb 20 '14
awesome looking forward to this
Jeff
Jeff Feb 25 '14
Will the @ mentions work for posting on forums, comments, etc? Also, will there be a trending module or anything like that for # hashtags?
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 25 '14
KushKustoms.com  Check it out. 
Jeff
Jeff Feb 26 '14
Quote from OxwallAccessories KushKustoms.com  Check it out. 

Looks great. Is there a test account I can log in with?

Edit: I see now that this is a live site, not a test site! Is there a timeline when this will be available? I'm dying to have the capabilities.

The Forum post is edited by Jeff Feb 26 '14
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 26 '14
It has been panding approval in the store. 
Jeff
Jeff Feb 26 '14
Quote from OxwallAccessories It has been panding approval in the store. 

Damn, thanks for the update. I'll keep my eyes open for it.
Oxwall Accessories
*pending. lol
Jeff
Jeff Feb 26 '14
Interesting ^

If true that's really shitty and you should notify Oxwall admins.

Oxwall Accessories
It was made clear that we picked up the project when you failed to offer support for over 30 days. I did purchase your plugin expecting it to work. I did offer to upgrade your plugin for you for free. You refused to let the plugin work for those who bought it. At that point I handed the original plugin to my developer and told him that there is over 15 users who bought your plugin freaking out because it didn't work. He then insisted we wait even longer to see if you were going to fix it. You have released a statment saying that paul will not be fixing this issue anytime soon. At this point we did REWRITE 98% of your plugin to actually make it work. We did rewrite trends widget and added many more functions. We did rewrite some of the basic functions you were trying to write so of course they look the same. 

I want to make it clear that the reason we are releasing this plugin is because your team was needed for support and failed to provide any whatsoever! I was a customer and I personally felt ripped off. For the other 15+ members who felt ripped off this plugin was made.  You are welcome community! 

Joseph
Joseph Feb 27 '14
4 or 5 plugins in the past that altered newsfeed function caused an error where the newsfeed bar was shortened fuck off already! lol jk but seriously its a common issue
Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
I think it's great that you fixed the plugin because I need a plugin like this on my site. I will say that I would feel robbed (again) having to pay for the same plugin and code (again) that I already paid for. If you were going to use the same plugin as a base you should have offered it to FoxTechs once completed or released it as a free download somewhere for those who bought the MyTags plugin.

This is all turning Oxwall into a very shady place to get plugins.

Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
I would be inclined to agree with Jake (FoxTechs) here.

Jake is a shitty businessman with a shitty developer and, in my opinion, stole $15 from me. The time it's taking (April, seriously what the fuck?) to update the plugin is inexcusable and the fact that it was even sold in the first place AND recommended by the Oxwall blog is downright disgusting.

That being said - stealing someone else's work and then packaging it and reselling it on your own is just wrong. That makes you a thief and a liar and an equally shitty businessman. Even if the original publisher was shit it still makes you an unethical person. It would still be a little bit shady if you had fixed his plugin and released it for free, but I could look passed that because it seems as if the MyTags plugin will never actually get updated and Jake (and his dev) have been flaky and dismissive (at best) for the last two months.

tldr; There isn't an excuse for stealing someone else's work and selling it as your own - even if the original seller is an asshole.

The Forum post is edited by Jeff Feb 27 '14
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 27 '14

Jake don't come in hear and try to make me look like the bad guy! You have a lot of nerve even showing up here after robbing us! You plugin was covered under the BSD license just like everyone else so I dont want to hear how its horrible for me to rewrite this broken plugin. Yes Jake you did sell it for $15! My developer has spent over 2 weeks rewriting and adding code to get everything sorted out and we have other jobs piling up. Price is on point! Your code was horrible and yes most of it was replaced. I want to make it clear here that I did not steal anything! I BOUGHT your code and decided it wasn't good enough and that It needed to be rewritten better! Thats fair game bro! If you would like to keep whining go to it somewhere else. 

Oxwall Accessories
Also... How is it that you can see no changes when There is a pic in this thread that shows a menu your plugin didn't have?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 27 '14
dont oxwall check if the code is stolen when they moderate the plugin 
Oxwall Accessories
Yes.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 27 '14
so if you did steal there code oxwall would have declined your plugin 
Pages: 1 2 3 »