We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

@ connect coming this week! | Forum

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 27 '14
Correct. Again I paid for the code. I modified the code to follow Compliance with BSD! I think this is his last attempt at ripping us all off! He couldn't get the plugin to us so now he is trying to stop me from doing so.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 27 '14
i totally agree but i think oxwall need to take a look at both plugins and deicide  
Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
Quote from FoxTechs

Edit:

If this ends up being proved as stolen work, the one looking like the person trying to rip someone off would be you; especially considering your price idea is higher than our original one.

I, for one, will feel ripped off by both groups. You posted a plugin that doesn't work and I am out $15. And many of us have been through university and that's just a bullshit excuse by your dev to say he doesn't have time. Tell him to stop binge watching House of Cards and binge drinking light beer and focus on his job. You are getting paid. It isn't a hobby. Don't sell things if you can't follow through when it doesn't work. That is on you, not OxwallAccessories.

As for OxwallAccessories.. in my opinion, which doesn't matter, pricing it higher (and at all really) when most of the plugin was already done is just just being greedy and dishonest. I was looking forward to someone picking up this project (as in the idea, not the actual code) but don't like the way this has turned out. Built from the ground up with improved and better features would be worth the standard $10-15 price. I'll patiently wait for a MyTags update which I still have zero faith will ever occur.

At this point I'm hoping that Oxwall just makes this feature part of Oxwall's core because it should be anyway.

Oxwall Accessories
Its amazing that you can respond here 5 times in 24hrs but couldn't respond to your customers for over 30 days. ;) Jake your demo account is active! We are still tinkering with a few small things on this site so if you notice anything that is why. 
Oxwall Accessories
Quote from Jeff Built from the ground up with improved and better features would be worth the standard $10-15 price. I'll patiently wait for a MyTags update which I still have zero faith will ever occur.

We did do this Jeff but Like I said some of the same functions are going to require some of the same code. Yes we did look at our useless purchased plugin to see what was wrong and what needed to be right! Go sign in and look!
Oxwall Accessories
Quote from Jeff in my opinion, which doesn't matter, pricing it higher (and at all really) when most of the plugin was already done

Dynamicly loading multiple feeds was no easy task and its nice of you to assume that our development team doesn't deserve to make anything after coding for weeks. 
Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
I would actually prefer the Facebook method where you don't even need to type @ before a name and you can tag them. The Oxwall Newsfeed looks like Facebook but is lacking many of the features.

A 30 year old should have better time management skills and feel a bigger sense of responsibility; therefor having even less excuses. I am quickly learning that not all people are brought up with a good sense of responsibility and it's very hard for it to be learned.

Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
Quote from OxwallAccessories
Quote from Jeff in my opinion, which doesn't matter, pricing it higher (and at all really) when most of the plugin was already done

Dynamicly loading multiple feeds was no easy task and its nice of you to assume that our development team doesn't deserve to make anything after coding for weeks. 

If you wrote the plugin I can see the cost. I have purchased MANY plugins through Oxwall and don't mind rewarding a dev's work. Tweaking someone else's work and charging more than the original? Damn right I don't see the price justification.
Oxwall Accessories
I stand by our price of $25 with a discount for users of foxtechs plugin just for that reason! If something goes wrong we fix it! At the same time I do not throw all my customers away when I have something to do like school or work! If you cant support your product for 6 months at a time then what is it we are paying for? 
Oxwall Accessories
Quote from Jeff
Quote from OxwallAccessories

If you wrote the plugin I can see the cost. I have purchased MANY plugins through Oxwall and don't mind rewarding a dev's work. Tweaking someone else's work and charging more than the original? Damn right I don't see the price justification.

One last time. there was no simple tweaking involved here! Point black His code was very very poor and need major help. What wasnt completly rewritten was defenitly close to it as NOTHING worked before. 

please visit the demo site Jeff and log in so you can see the twitter style dynamic feeds! 

Oxwall Accessories
Quote from FoxTechs And it was one month, we continue to now support our products and gear back towards work. You made nothing from the ground up, the fact is you stole work.

Really... Your back? I want the credit lotto I paid for over a year ago to work! I want the usertags i paid for to work and i want the chatrooms I paid for to have the update you promised over a year ago! I want all these things today! I can pay $20 an hr. Can you fix these things? I didnt think so Jake! Get out of my thread! I have explained to you many times that some basic functions are the same and were coded the same! The difference is we codded them in a manner where they actually work! Oxwall has reviewed our plugin and does not seem to have any issues with us doing what we did. Our plugin is took your 25% of functions and fixed them and then added 75% more 
usability. We have changed the way the tagging system works and functions! 
Oxwall Accessories
Now you are claiming I am stealing your work and releasing a small patch. Bwahahaha  Dude you have tons of support threads awaiting your response. Oh And I love the bit about you being to sick to respond on oxwall but then not to sick to provide paypal with reasons you wont send people refunds! If you are so confident in your broken product that will not be updated for over another 2 months then send us our money back!
Oxwall Accessories
This is just insane Jake I would like to point out one more time that we did offer to fix these issues for you for free! We did beg you to take more money from us and fix the plugin. You ignored us all for a very long time. It should not surprise you that our team rewrote this for the people that wanted us to. It should also not surprise you that they are willing to pay a few extra bucks for a team that supports the products they make in a reasonable amount of time. Without blaming it on the customer i would like to add seeing as Paul loves to do that!

Choke it up as a loss little buddy! When your developer returns I am sure you guys will whip up another plugin filled with bugs that all seem to be unique to the users who bought it! Then I am sure 10 people will be hounding Paul again and like the last 2 times I have experienced with your team he will disappear! 

Jeff
Jeff Feb 27 '14
The @connect tags don't show up in the regular Oxwall Notifications?
Oxwall Accessories
Yes they do! Please don't listen to Jake as he is publishing assumptions! The notification system works and didn't in his version at all. I have stated or 10 times that I bought your plugin. My developer rewrote a better faster version. Not a fix, Not a patch, Certainly not a replica. Where is our refunds Jake?
Oxwall Accessories
You see Jake your assuming theft again! Compare the code when its published and you will see all the differences! Its oxwall's decision and if they approve it then I guess that proves you wrong doesn't it!
Oxwall Accessories
I do want you to Know that have screen capped all this and If you continue to slander my business with false claims of thievery we will have legal issues to talk about. We do not steal! Point blank! If you want to see stealing go to this thread 

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15692?&page=5

Funny still no responses to your customers!

Martyn ZombieTuesday
Quote from FoxTechs OxwallAccessories,

I took a look at your website where you have a demo of your pending tag plugin, and I've found some oddities. Firstly, your picture shows the same exact CSS bug we had with our earlier versions of Mytags, and when you click a hashtag link it takes you to a /findtags/hashtagname page. That's the exact same URL Mytags used. It also has a top trending as well.

I don't want to accuse anything, but it seems like you happen to use our Mytags code and not really change anything either, and we're hoping to charge more than what you paid for. It doesn't help much that you were a customer of the Mytags plugin.

~Jake

I took a look at your website where you have a demo of your pending tag plugin, and I've found some oddities. Firstly, your picture shows the same exact CSS bug we had with our earlier versions of Mytags, and when you click a hashtag link it takes you to a /findtags/hashtagname page. That's the exact same URL Mytags used. It also has a top trending as well.

I don't want to accuse anything, but it seems like you happen to use our Mytags code and not really change anything either, and we're hoping to charge more than what you paid for. It doesn't help much that you were a customer of the Mytags plugin.

~Jake

~Jake

~Jake

I can see one major thing thats been changed ... it works
Martyn ZombieTuesday
Quote from Kieron (thestatusfeed.com) i totally agree but i think oxwall need to take a look at both plugins and deicide  
Fairly easy decision in my book, one works .. one doesnt 

As foxtechs have refused my refund, on selling faulty goods (which to me is tantamount to theft)  .. personally ill go with oxwallaccessories .. it at least delivers whats promised.

So far oxwallaccessories have been nothing but straight and supportive with every plugin I have bought, and I personally rate both them and Purosathaman as my fav plugin developers

Martyn ZombieTuesday
Quote from FoxTechs
Quote from Jeff ell him to stop binge watching House of Cards and binge drinking light beer and focus on his job.

Our developer is 30, not a fresh man in college. I chat with him personally a lot about things that sometimes don't relate to even Oxwall; he has many classes that deal with major things that he focuses on, has to write things about, blueprints, etc. 
Quote from Jeff I'll patiently wait for a MyTags update which I still have zero faith will ever occur.

It will occur. April was the date I was given by my developer, but I will continue studying the problems and code that could be the problem and writing down everything before hand, so no one can go to say there's at least not some form of work going on. The price might end up lowered a bit as well.

Quote from Jeff At this point I'm hoping that Oxwall just makes this feature part of Oxwall's core because it should be anyway.

I concur. When I looked at the old Oxwall using the Wayback machine, a store listing for their newsfeed plugin's description said 'Adds newsfeed to your site, Twitter-style.' Of course now, the "Twitter-style" in the description has been replaced with "Facebook-styled."

~Jake

Im gonna be honest, I feel for you with your issues etc .. only not really

you sold me something that didn't work, refused a refund .. and then tell me all will be ok in a few months .. 

Nope soz mate .. doesnt wash with me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »