We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Does this plugin NOW include a payment gateway? - Paid Membership | Forum

Hybrid
Hybrid Feb 24 '14
Greetings Dev,

I'm looking to purchase this plugin, however, I noticed the price for it is $39.  And from reading previous posts/threads, mentions that this plugin is $20, and you have to buy another plugin (payment gateway) that also costs $20.

So since the price is $39 for this plugin now, I was wondering if a payment gateway plugin is also included in this plugin or do we still need to purchase a payment gateway to make this plugin work?

And if a payment gateway plugin IS included with this plugin - what is it?  The PayPal plugin?

Kind Regards,

Hybrid

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 25 '14
Hello Hybrid82,

Payment gateway plugin is not included into $39 for "Paid Membership".
You will need to get gateway plugin separately.
Hybrid
Hybrid Feb 25 '14
I'm just curious as to why this plugin is $39 now.  Was it always?  I've read several forum posts and reviews for this plugin saying that this plugin was only for $20, then you have to buy a gateway plugin for an additional $20.  i.e. totaling $40 for both.  And after reading that, I simply thought this plugin (since it states its $39 now) included both.

Do you think that would be something you could include in a future build?  This plugin having it's own gateway plugin built in?  I think customers would be more happy to see this included instead of having to search for a gateway plugin just to make this plugin work...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Take care,

Hybrid82

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 25 '14
Hybrid82, plugin's cost was increased due to changes in our pricing policy.

Gateway and Paid Membership plugins are separated, since there isn't one gateway plugin that suits all users. They tend to choose different ones, depending on the country they live in. So we leave this up to users. They can select gateway plugins they need and not necessarily our ones.

We are not likely to include a build in plugin in future updates.  However we occasionally do sales when you get 2 plugins for the price of one.
Hybrid
Hybrid Feb 26 '14
Thank you for your quick response.
Gen
Gen Apr 23 '14
I purchased bitcoin payment.... but realise it doesn't do anything in setting just bitcoin address and secret. Would your paid membership plugin work with bitcoin?????
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Apr 28 '14
Hello Gen, depends on how bitcoin plugin was developed. Paid membership uses standard methods/events to get the info about available gateways, those methods/events should be declared within the gateway plugin.

You do not have permission to reply this topic