We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Search: combine online status and other filters | Forum

Kali
Kali Feb 27 '14
Hi,

Is there any way to modify the search to add the possibility to look for online members in a specific age group, location, etc?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 28 '14
currently no but you could suggest it here http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall or maybe see if skadate lite as that is a dating script using oxwalls core and may have that feature 
Kali
Kali Feb 28 '14
Ok, and if I wanted to try and fiddle in the code to add that, could you tell me in which file to start?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 28 '14
sorry i dont really know i cant actually program 
Arash
Arash Feb 28 '14
I know how to program, but very new to oxwall. This will be my first plugin - and I'm also going to throw in a good locations widget. But, as said, I'm very new, so you have to give me a couple of weeks. 
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 13 '14
Kali, from your request there is only one option which requires the code modification: search by online users. You can add it directly to the Search form code: /ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/user_search.php file. Or create a new plugin.

As for the Location - since we do not provide possibility to add more than 31 values in the profile question, the best way for you is to purchase the existing Location plugin or create your own.

As for the Age Range field - you can do this via Admin Area > Users > Profile Questions. Simply add the Birthday field to the Search form, it will be converted to the Age Range.
Kali
Kali Mar 28 '14
Thank you :)