We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Slideshow on Profile page [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Mar 5 '14
Can Slideshow be placed on the profile page like the newsfeed? I'm building a site where my members are clubs and the user will go directly to their profile. That's where I want all the action to be.

Also, I need the Slideshow option to be available to some users but not free users.

Can it be done, or is there another plugin that does it?

Edit: It seems the slideshow is global and the same images appear on every main page. I need one that each member can use to create their personal slideshow. It may be more trouble than it's worth.
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 6 '14
ross Team
ross Mar 5 '14

Sure this is possible to do. It can be done in the database. Go to ow_base_component_place

find row with component - index-SLIDESHOW_CMP_SlideshowWidget edit it by changing place ID table from 2 to 3 and clone table from 0 to 1 . However, in the meantime, slideshow is not developed so you can add different pictures for each profile, I mean it does not work as custom html widget. 

And of course you can restrict view in the settings of the widget for certain user roles. 

John
John Mar 6 '14
Thanks Ross. I'll try this overnight, but sadly. it sounds like Slideshow won't do what I want.

I'm not looking to use it as an admin feature, but rather to give each of my member Clubs a chance to showcase their club facilities without visitors having to go to their photo albums.

In an ideal world I wanted to make the feature only available to people who paid a small donation to keep the site running.

It's certainly something the Plugin developers could give some thought to - maybe.
ross Team
ross Mar 6 '14
Yes, we're going to consider in one of the upcoming releases. No exact date for now. 

You can make a suggestion on uservoice by the way. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 6 '14
John
John Mar 6 '14
I'd actually forgotten about Uservoice. I did read it once, but it seemed that many of the requests were trying to make Oxwall look more like Facebook. I feel my requests are aimed at a completely different kind of user who would probably never read Uservoice, but simply continue looking elsewhere for the perfect script.. Will do anyway.
ross Team
ross Mar 6 '14
As to your request you sent me in PM, I'll pass it to our team. Will see.