We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My Dashboard Newsfeed | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ross Team
ross Jan 3 '16
Mian, switch to the default theme and check whether you have a picture icon in your newsfeed there. If you do, that it is the problem with the theme you're using. Keep us updated. 
Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Jan 5 '16
Dear Ross,

Thanks for your reply, Same theme is use other website but no any problem, it's just create my web problem. In long bar if i click photo brows and upload but the problem is that picture brows icon is not shows. 

Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Jan 5 '16
I don't want to show blogs, event etc in index page. Please advise what i can do to stop not show blogs in index page.
ross Team
ross Jan 5 '16
Milan, one request per topic please. 

Do you have photo icon on another default theme or not?

Matthew
Matthew Jan 7 '16
im having a problem with the news feed comments are working in 1.8.0
ross Team
ross Jan 7 '16
Matthe, First of all, please create a separate post with your issue, as it has nothing to do with the topic. 

Second and most important, please read this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/5092 and follow it's instructions. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 10 '16
Mian Naveed
Mian Naveed Jan 9 '16
yes see
ross Team
ross Jan 10 '16
Mian, so do you have a picture icon in the default theme or not? If yes, then it is the issue specifically with this theme and it is a third party theme, you will need to contact theme developer to resolve the issue as we do not provide assitance with 3rd party items issues. 
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Jan 19 '16

Having issue, Please help!

ross Team
ross Jan 24 '16
Did you do some customization or added a 3rd party plugin? 
DeFender
DeFender Jan 25 '16
theme is MY DASHBOARD NEWSFEED
ross Team
ross Jan 25 '16
I'm sorry, what do you mean theme is MY DASHBOARD NEWSFEED? 
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Jan 27 '16
No, I didn't add any customization or 3rd party plugins.
Quote from ross Did you do some customization or added a 3rd party plugin? 

ross Team
ross Jan 27 '16
Alright, what did you do exactly before this error appeared?
Igor
Igor Jul 22 '17

Quote from ross Please, go to the ow_plugins/newsfeed/activate.php

find these lines: 

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_DashboardWidget', false);$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_DASHBOARD);$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_LEFT, 0);
$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_UserFeedWidget', false);$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_PROFILE);$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_RIGHT, 0);
$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_SiteFeedWidget', false);$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_INDEX);$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_RIGHT, 0);

Then replace the name of the dashboard NEWSFEED_CMP_DashboardWidget' with the name of index newsfeed 'NEWSFEED_CMP_SiteFeedWidget' , then go to your admin panel, deactivate and activate back newsfeed plugin. This should work. 

I'm using the lates version 1.8.x and I can't find lines you mentioned - mine look different - what can I chage to get the group posts to main newsfeed?

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_MyFeedWidget', false);
$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_DASHBOARD);
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_LEFT, 0);

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_UserFeedWidget', false);
$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_PROFILE);
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_RIGHT, 0);

$widget = $widgetService->addWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_SiteFeedWidget', false);
$widgetPlace = $widgetService->addWidgetToPlace($widget, BOL_ComponentService::PLACE_INDEX);
$widgetService->addWidgetToPosition($widgetPlace, BOL_ComponentService::SECTION_RIGHT, 0);
Pete
Pete Sep 6 '17
Its turned out to be a load of crap this oxwall  ,its ruined  many peoples site 

There is always bugs in it  ,which should not be  . i think this is being done  on purpose so member buy  the premium oxwall  ,how come there  is no bugs  in the  premium oxwall ,when every one uses the same script the free  and premium are built with the same script  ??  Why are people not getting the same script  that you use for this site with no bugs in it  ??

The Forum post is edited by Pete Sep 6 '17
Paul
Paul Sep 7 '17

I just do not understand why so many people rumbling around. Many thinking that you can unpack such a software like a TV and it runs. There is some knowledge necessary. Often, some people start changing to the code or various settings. They do the most stupid things that could otherwise be corrected by an agency. Then there are still those who want to have everything in one union. Whether it is realistic or for the mass does not make sense.

My oxWall Toyota Supra Community runs wonderful and i have no probs.

Jochen
Jochen Sep 14 '17
Hi all, I have a similar problem, - my question is:
How can I hide the forum entries from the newsfeed for non-registered users ?

I have already tryed out all possible settings. (Oxwall version 1.8.4)

Thanks in advance, Jochen
Igor
Igor Sep 21 '17

Quote from Jochen Hi all, I have a similar problem, - my question is:
How can I hide the forum entries from the newsfeed for non-registered users ?

I have already tryed out all possible settings. (Oxwall version 1.8.4)

you have to access the DB from MySQL and find the newsfeed action db. there you can see how posts are being registered. posts that cause errors have some text instead of "user" or "group-post"
Jochen
Jochen Sep 22 '17
Hi Igor,

thanks for your reply. Is there not another solution via admin-login and settings ?

I really don`t like to touch the DB-entries manually.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »