We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

install/htaccess/subforlders issue | Forum

Dan
Dan Mar 10 '14
Ok here is the problem i am having i got to rename the htacess file to a text file whenever i install a script threw the cpanel also is there a way to make all subforlders available without doing it one by one in the htacess file?
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '14
Dan, can you please specify, what is the exact problem? why do you have rename htaccess file into text file and what do you mean make all subfolder available?
Dan
Dan Mar 11 '14
In other words i must rename the htaccess file in order to use the cpanel script installer for other scripts,because the script installer on my host does not like the oxwall htacess file for some reason that is why i must rename the htacess file to a text file until i install that script then rename it back to .htaccess, as far as the sub directory goes and putting in RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/??/ all the time is there a way to make all the subs that i make accessible without putting in that code in the htaccess file all the time?
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 11 '14
I get it are after a wildcard rule to auto allow sub folders 

Now that would be cool if someone can work that out

ross Team
ross Mar 12 '14
The problem is that your server setttings contradicts with our htaccess file which means it does not meet our server requirements. Do you have mod_rewrite enabled?
Dan
Dan Mar 12 '14
I am not sure about that if it is enabled, ill check in the morning just for your info the host provider is fatcow but again il check if it is enabled and i will get back to you on that.
ross Team
ross Mar 12 '14
Ok, keep us updated
Dan
Dan Mar 12 '14
Ok i just checked and they stated it was enabled by default
ross Team
ross Mar 12 '14
Can you please, PM me your Cpanel access details? I'll take a look at the problem. 
Dan
Dan Mar 13 '14
Ross ill give ya the info asap
ross Team
ross Mar 23 '14
Mod_rewrite is not installed on your server, ask your provider to enable it. 
Dan
Dan Mar 26 '14
i have asked them again and they are saying it is enabled, question is, is now what?