We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Only certain photos are downloadable - Photo | Forum

Marc Luellmann
Marc Luellmann Mar 11 '14
We have some issues that some of the uploaded photos are downloadable and others are not (with right click some show download photo and others just show download link). We would like all our community members to download photos in the photo plugin.

I tried to find some regularity why some photos are downloadable and some not. I first thought it has to do with the size or the format of the photo, but it is not. But now I seem to have found some regularity: it seems always the last photo within an album is downloadable (i.e. the seventh photo from seven, or the 19/19, etc.).

Any help is highly appreciated.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 26 '14
Marc, actually the regularity is in image size. You can download big images by viewing them in the full size. As to the small one which does not have "view full size" option and no save as option. There's a small trick - place your cursor on the image and drag it slowly from the center of the image to the edge, you'll notice that cursor will change from a "hand" to the "arrow" When it is changed to the arrow you'll be able to save image.

It happens due to the switch arrows on the left and right sides of the images. They are placed over the images via html and there's a small patch where you can place the curson on the image itself.

This will be fixed in the upcoming update of the photo plugin.
Marc Luellmann
Marc Luellmann Mar 27 '14
Oh, thank you for your reply. It is not so much that we from the admin team want to download photos but our members. And for them the simpler the better :)

Then we wait for the next photo plugin update.

You do not have permission to reply this topic