We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug found - "Unfollow" doesn't work with this plugin activated - Admin Pal | Forum

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 13 '14
Greetings,

I really enjoy this plugin, however, I did find a bug that caused any member to "Unfollow" someone.

The "Follow" & "Unfollow" options work like they should when it comes to you NOT being friends with someone.  However, if you ARE friends with someone, the "Unfollow" option does not work at all.

I ended up disabling this plugin and everything went back to normal and works, and again tested it by re-activating this plugin and sure enough the issue came up again.

Please let me know when you have a fix for this.  I know this plugin is only $5, but it's $5 of my money and those of others.  We'd hope to have these plugins that cost money actually work and coincide with the main framework of oxwall.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing when this is fixed.

Kind Regards,

Hybrid

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for the report. 

I am trying to understanding what the actual issue is.. Can you please explain further.

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 13 '14
Sure.

Members have the options to "Follow" and "Unfollow" other members content.

This plugin works fine IF you are NOT friends with someone.

This plugin does NOT work when you ARE friends with someone and want to simply "Unfollow" that persons content but still want to be friends with them.

The "Unfollow" option no longer works when this plugin is activated...

Does that help clarify this bug?

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 13 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes.. I got it.

The plugin forcibly follow the users.  I will see on this to see what can be done.

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 13 '14
It would be greatly appreciated!  I like this plugin a lot and hope you can fix it ;)

By the way, it doesn't only occur for the admin, it occurs for both the admin and all the users (members) of the site.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sure. I will see and update ASAP.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 13 '14
Any progress or updates?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hey, The plugin wil be updated for sure. Please do give me some time.. The plugin will be updated in 2 days or so.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 13 '14
No worries mate, I know it takes time.  Looking forward to seeing the update/fix.

Take care and talk soon,

Hybrid

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for your understanding.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 16 '14
Just checkin' in - any progress?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I trying it.. I want to provide actual fix and not a quick fix. 

Is it possible to get some login access to your site to see on the issue live?

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 17 '14
I currently have this plugin disabled due to the fact that it doesn't allow users to "Unfollow" other users when activated.

If you give me a few minutes, I'll get it re-activated and send you my admin login details via a PM so you can check it out.

Once you login, simply hit up any users profile or hover over a user's name and click "Unfollow".  It says it has been applied and looks like it worked, but then afterwards of about 5-10 seconds or by simply a page refresh, loath and behold you are still "Following" that user that you just "Unfollowed" not that long ago...

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sorry. I slept when you sent the message. I am in IST zone.

Is it possible to provide me access when I get home today?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please let me know in PM.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 18 '14
Sent.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks.
Bryan
Bryan Mar 28 '14
Let me know when this is fixed, I really want to purchase it.  Thanks
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sure.