We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to add sign-in form to your join page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Mar 15 '14
If you want to have the sign-in form in your join page here is a custom mod for you...

1. Add $this->addComponent('sign_in_form', new BASE_CMP_SignIn()); to /ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/join.php just above $this->joinForm = new JoinForm($this);

2. Add {$sign_in_form} at the beginning of /ow_system_plugins/base/views/controllers/join_index.html

3. Save your changes and *Clear your cache

This mod is pretty much basic at the moment. However, I'm working to improve it's functions. I have been able to add latest 9 registered users just above "Before proceeding you need to register your profile and become our member.", recent videos, recent photo and a bunch of css tweaks.

This is just a sample to see how will people react towards the idea. If I get enough recommendation I will update this mod to have this features.

Thanks everyone and remember to backup your files before editing them.

The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Mar 15 '14
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Mar 15 '14
If you need a demo just pm me.
ross Team
ross Mar 16 '14
Thanks for sharing Ebenezer. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 17 '14
way cool
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Mar 17 '14
@ross it's my pleasure :) Tammy have you tried it?
The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Mar 17 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Mar 17 '14
No but am interested in use the method u used for other things
Joseph
Joseph Mar 17 '14
I am looking to put the "add new" widget on the dashboard but can't seem to find where to start looking
Marcel Groote
Marcel Groote Apr 28 '14
I wanna have this in reverse.

Can someone tell me how to ad your Joinpage into your sign-in page?

ross Team
ross Apr 29 '14
marcel this is custom code modification, create a post in the custom code modification section probably some community members will help you out with this or you will need to hire a programmer to do that for you.