We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron jobs issue | Forum

Karlos
Karlos Oct 4 '10
That's what i get every minute in my email, i need some help

/home/estrella/public_html/relojdedios.com/ow_cron/run.php: line 1: lt?php: ambiguous redirect
/home/estrella/public_html/relojdedios.com/ow_cron/run.php: line 3: /aquota.user: Permission denied
/home/estrella/public_html/relojdedios.com/ow_cron/run.php: line 4: access-logs: command not found
/home/estrella/public_html/relojdedios.com/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/home/estrella/public_html/relojdedios.com/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: ` * The contents of this file are subject to the Common Public Attribution License Version 1.0 (the “License”);'
Den Team
Den Oct 4 '10
Would you attach here the content of your ow_cron/run.php file?
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 4 '10
I had a similar issue and just asked the hosting company for the correct syntax. They were able to get it working in a second... even used the correct code.
Also They limit cron to 15min intervals which may be causing you problems if you tried to set it more frequentl...

Just something to bear in mind...
Karlos
Karlos Oct 4 '10
Here you are
Karlos
Karlos Oct 5 '10
Here is my run.php file
Michael Leader
Michael Oct 5 '10
try pasting the code into notepad and attaching the txt file...
Karlos
Karlos Oct 5 '10
Ok here is it
Attachments:
  run.txt (3.39Kb)
Den Team
Den Oct 6 '10
@Karlos
Problem in the beginning of your run.php file.
I attached right version.
By some reasons, your run.php is different from original
The Forum post is edited by Den Oct 6 '10
Attachments:
  run.txt (3.39Kb)
Juan
Juan Nov 9 '10
Hi, I had the same problem and after my host support tried a few times they came up with this and it worked: php -q /home/user/public_html/yourdomain/ow_cron/run.php
Pedro
Pedro Jan 1 '11
the correct path is /usr/bin/php /home/user/public_html/yourdomain/ow_cron/run.php that will work. with no -q or anything else. also make sure you enter the correct info for the minutes job to run. minutes 0-59 Hours 0-23 day of the months 1-31 Month 1-12 and days of the week 0-7. enjoy the info
The Forum post is edited by Pedro Jan 1 '11
Den Team
Den Nov 21 '11
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Naikeya
Naikeya Jan 8 '12
This is the email that I get whenever my cron job runs, "No input file specified."

Still no email being sent from the website.
Den Team
Den Jan 10 '12
This error means that Cron can't find oxwall's run.php file. Check out the path this file you specified in cron command.
Naikeya
Naikeya Jan 14 '12
This is the cron job that I have set up now, /ramdisk/bin/php5 -c /home1/wellnessclub/public_html/php.ini /ow_cron/run.php. Is this right for Bluehost? I'm really getting anxious about this because I can't seem to figure it out.

My site is working well, except for the email.
Naikeya
Naikeya Jan 14 '12
I noticed the my 0w_core folder had a cron setting as well. I changed my cron job to */15 * * * * /ramdisk/bin/php5 -c /home1//public_html/wellnessclub/ow_core/cron.php. Now, I'm waiting for the email to see what it says. I'm so confused about this as a newer developer.

This is what the feedback email says, X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17Content-type: text/html. I tried to send an invite email to my other email address, and I haven't received it yet!
Naikeya
Naikeya Jan 14 '12
Sorry, this is what I have now,  /ramdisk/bin/php5 -c /home /public_html/wellnessclub/ow_core/cron.php. This is the feedback email, 
Status: 404 Not Found X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17 Content-type: text/html No input file specified.

At this point, I'm ready to give up.

Naikeya
Naikeya Jan 14 '12
I realized I had an extra space in the cron, here it is now  /ramdisk/bin/php5 -c /home /public_html/wellnessclub/ow_core/cron.php. This is the return email, X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17Content-type: text/html It seems that my verification emails are going out, but no mass emails, not invite emails, and everyone stays online except one member. 
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 15 '12
Are you sure that /ramdisk/bin/php5 is the proper path to the PHP on your server? Do you have SSH access to your server?
Naikeya
Naikeya Jan 16 '12
I'm not sure. I just used the past that was listed on the Bluehost website. Should I try user/bin/php instead? I'm using the Bluehost Cpanel.