We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Option to transfer between Group Creators? | Forum

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 19 '14
At the moment, there isn't an option for this, however, I think it would be very much used or at least a very beneficial factor to have.

Group Creator Transfer

Whoever the group creator is would have the option to "Transfer" the group over to another user who is in his/her group.  In the event that the group creator is no longer able to take care of the group and/or is needing someone to take his/her place due to him/her leaving, the group creator has someone else he can leave in charge.  So if a group creator could "Transfer" his group over to another user, I think it would be very beneficial.

This is more or less for those types of groups that only allow the "Group Creator" to invite people rather than allowing participants to invite ppl.

The perfect spot for this option would be when the group creator clicks on the "View All" button to see all the users in the group....and like how the option to "Delete User" from the group, either above or below that option, this "Transfer Ownership" button can be placed.  And all the group creator would need to do is hover over whoever he/she wants to take control of the group.

I think this is a great idea and I hope this can be achieved.

Keep me posted, looking forward to hearing a reply on this!

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 19 '14
ross Team
ross Mar 20 '14
Hybrid, please, make a suggestion on uservoice, or hire a programmer on the market to do that for you. 
Pkuinfo
Pkuinfo Feb 21 '16
Please, test my solution: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/17576
Hybrid
Hybrid Feb 21 '16
How can one test your solution if you do not provide one?  The link you provided is for this topic so if you click on it, it just opens a new tab with this same topic... :/
Pkuinfo
Pkuinfo Feb 21 '16
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Mar 29 '16
Topic was moved from Groups.