We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
David A
David A Mar 26 '14

I was wondering it these directions are still the correct ones.
  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/16326
 I keep getting this error:

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 26 '14
David A
David A Mar 26 '14
Alright.. so it magically was able to set it self up. I logged in and out of facebook.  But how do I get it to show up on the sign up screen?

David A
David A Mar 26 '14
How do you know you have the most recent oxwall facebook connect?

David A
David A Mar 26 '14
I uninstalled, downloaded, installed, reset everything... and it is working.. so far.

ross Team
ross Mar 27 '14
Thanks for letting us know I'm going to mark this post as Solved. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 27 '14
David A
David A Mar 27 '14
Thanks.  I have run into an issue. Someone used connect to log-in. And it created a new profile for them. I have the site set as closed ( no new users)  so why did it create a new profile for them. I am assuming it is because they did not have the same email address associated with their facebook account as they did with their oxwall account..

ross Team
ross Mar 27 '14
Actually yes the account has been created, but user won't be able to join the website again, unless he/she uses facebook connect again. Because it generates the username from the FB first and last name and generates new password. In this case you'll need to deactivate FB connect plugin or use mandatory approve option as well. Thus, he/she won't be able to enter the website.
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 27 '14