We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Trying to install Oxwall on a new server is giving error | Forum

tanny
tanny May 30 '14

Sorry, 

I did not explained correctly. I have made two test: (1) one in my local computer and (2) other in a hosting (http://neges.net/oxwall-1.6.0).

The first test (1) that I made in my local computer have problems, the other test (2) made in a external hosting is working perfectly.

My problem is that I need to install Oxwall in my local computer, because in there I am going to develop new apps, integrations, make QA tests, etc.

The phpinfo file that I attached was of my (1) local computer. Even more, I made this post because my local computer installation problem.

I hope make this clear.

Thanks !!!

The Forum post is edited by tanny May 30 '14
John
John May 30 '14
Tanny, this has been discussed hundreds of times before. You really should do some searching.

Firstly, we need to know what personal server you're using: Xamp, Wamp, Ampps or whatever. Without this information it's impossible to help.

Oxwall won't install on Wamp out of the box. I and hundreds of others can't get it to work regardless of how we tweak Wamp.

It should work on Ampps if you install it with Softaculous which is part of the package. I say "Should" because it installed ok twice and it also refused to install twice. Currently I can't get  it to work successfully on my home computer but I think a new install of Ampps will fix that.
ross Team
ross Jun 2 '14
Tanny, please make sure your local server meets all our server requirements first. By the way, do you have other software installed on that servera?
tanny
tanny Jun 10 '14
John, trust me, I have searched like crazy and I can't make this work.
Quote from John
Firstly, we need to know what personal server you're using: Xamp, Wamp, Ampps or whatever. Without this information it's impossible to help.
I explained in a previous post that I did not use Xampp, Wamp, Ampps, etc. (I cannot use this kind of solutions.)

I installed by myself Apache, PHP and MySql (on windows). Even I explained step by step how I did it.

then I did make a manual installation: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:manual_installation

Quote from ross Tanny, please make sure your local server meets all our server requirements first. By the way, do you have other software installed on that servera?

The server is configured by myself. I checked the requirements on: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting. I attached my phpinfo file (phpinfo) for your review if you can.

My skype is "tanny.nogales"

The Forum post is edited by tanny Jun 10 '14
John
John Jun 10 '14
Tanny, Ross did ask if other scripts are running ok on your local server. Not just one, but several. I won't even ask why you can't use something like Wamp or Ampps  because they're just packages that install Apache and the like.

The thing is, I have never been able to get Oxwall to run on a local machine and Google is full of people in the same prediciment. Also, I have never seen a post from anyone on this forum who claims they are running Oxwall successfully locally.

I got it to partly work by copying the database from my main server and copying ALL the core files as well. I changed the config file and most of Oxwall worked. Some parts did not.

I then used AMPPS and Oxwall worked for the first two installs. Then it didn't and still won't. I think I've already said I may need to completely delete AMPPS, do a new install and then try.

One place you will run into problems is trying to add new members. Oxwall will try to send confirmation emails and once it crashes, it's back to the drawing board.

I decided it wasn't worth the trouble.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it is.

John

kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
We’ll get you out of a jam and back on the road before you can say Thunderbolt Grease-slapper. Broomfield Fence Company
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
First and foremost, we eliminate the need for towing fees. Bloomington On-Site Truck Repair
Pages: « 1 2