We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

can oxwall handle huge traffics? | Forum

shimray
shimray Aug 15 '11
hi all,
out of curiosity, just wanna know if oxwall can handle huge traffics or not. Does oxwall has the capacity to handle huge members, database etc?

so far i havent come across any oxwall site that  has more than 2000 members!!!

Is there any oxwall site which has more than 10 k members???

shimray
shimray Aug 16 '11
i have check it out!!!

But like i said,the networks have members below 2000... 

The Edward & Bella Fan Club
9756 members

this doesnt work anymore!!! (Jus curious! Why would anyone shut down a site when they have some where around 10 k members???? uhmmm....)
Den Team
Den Aug 16 '11
Hello.
Sorry, but your question is too generally.
Oxwall can handle more then 2000 members. This fully depends from your hosting capacities and settings. There are a lot of networks that has thousands users :)

The Forum post is edited by Den Aug 16 '11
Hau Young
Hau Young Nov 9 '11

Quote from shimray i have check it out!!!
But like i said,the networks have members below 2000... 

The Edward & Bella Fan Club
9756 members
this doesnt work anymore!!! (Jus curious! Why would anyone shut down a site when they have some where around 10 k members???? uhmmm....)

It should be the hardware/server and hosting provider, can they handle huge traffic?

I had a site (Not oxwall) is more than 10k registered users, daily visitors more than 10k perday and new post every few seconds. For this kind busy environment needs good hardware/server supports to serve huge users. Like facebook, google or any others high traffic sites invested lots of $$$$$$$$$ for server and traffic.

Once the site get crowded and lack of investor or can't get a better business model, the site got to be close down. This is fact!

Summary: Money is the solution.
Mark
Mark Nov 10 '11
the question is not whether the script can handle many members but can your host/server handle the server load?

most scripts will hold infinite amount of members its usually server resources that suffocate 
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 10 '11
There will be a limitation on the way the site is built and under real world conditions and the way the site accesses the database there will be a finite number the site can work with before a redesign of operation or serious hardware improvements are needed. 

For most sites, processor, memory, diskspace and bandwidth are your bottlenecks.  If you have a site with 100k+ members I am sure you could be in a position where VPS costs wont be an issue.  Foir the normal person starting up I wouldnt worry.

What would be better researching is how big can a mysql database get and still remain usable.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/table-size-limit.html
The Forum post is edited by Michael Nov 10 '11
Maria-Christina Rus
Maria-Christina Rus Nov 20 '12
Hi there,

I am really interested by this. I began to build a website in oxwall and it is growing really fast. However, i am a little but worried abot the future: what woud happen uf te website reach, say, 20.000 users? Will i have to do another social network from scratch in another language? 

I see that it is more mysql limits than oxwall' s but i would lve tohave opinions from creators.

Thanks!

Tiwakar
Tiwakar Aug 10 '15
i oxwall just a software, if u want to handle more traffics, its depends on server capacity. i have a sites which have 50k user and i have vps, and its working fine without any issue, and vps cost does not matter because revenue also huge. so i suggest oxwall script is best. 
ketkew
ketkew Aug 12 '15
Cool, do you have a URL for the 50k site?