We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile Userjoin Page | Forum

Walison
Walison Apr 1 '14
I have an userjoin page that I use in my Oxwall-powered website.

I'll share w/ you how to enable this page

Keep in mind that's a temporary page, the Oxwall team is working to bring the join page to mobile version. It's not perfect but works until there is a mobile version

You'll need:

1- The mod attached in this post (on the comment #9)

2- Cache cleaner extreme plugin or Oxwall Profiler enabled in your ow_includes/config.php

Just download the attach from this post & upload to your website

Extract the file in your website root 

Clean the cache using Cache Cleaner Extreme or Oxwall Profiler mode & the join button will be available on the mobile version

P.S.: Need some improvements

The Forum post is edited by Walison Apr 6 '14
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '14
Thanks for sharing Walison.

If anybody will be using this modification, keep in mind that once you extract attached file it will replace your /ow_system_plugins/ folder. So if you have any custom changes within this folder, they all will be erased.
Warren
Warren Apr 5 '14
Nice mod you have here! I have tried it but I can't actually join I only receive a join button. Why is that? I'm using a Windows Phone.
Jeff Murray
Jeff Murray Apr 5 '14
I am having an issue where it doesnt take you to the join page. I am pretty sure i followed the install directions correctly.
Warren
Warren Apr 5 '14
I'm in the same situation as Jeff. Much help would be obliged.
Jeff Murray
Jeff Murray Apr 5 '14
I think i know why. Before you sign in on your mobile if you click on the left and click desktop version, it takes you back to login. You must login before using the feature. I think the join button is doing the same thing.
Walison
Walison Apr 5 '14
Sorry i've uploaded the wrong file, I'm working on the right pack & I'll upload today (after some tests)
Warren
Warren Apr 5 '14
Thank you so much Walison for responding! Can you please tell me once you've posted via commenting on the forum?
The Forum post is edited by Warren Apr 5 '14
Walison
Walison Apr 6 '14
This is the right file guys

seems to works fine now

The Forum post is edited by Walison May 2 '14
Attachments:
  mobile_userjoin.zip (108.54Kb)
Jeff Murray
Jeff Murray Apr 6 '14
Works great for me thanks alot for your help.
Simone
Simone Jul 10 '14
with oxwall 1.7 it give this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function addPackagePointer() on a non-object in /home/cenex/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/mobile/init.php on line 24

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 12 '14
yes i get same error 
Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14
Walison can you update this script so it well work in 1.7 ,it would be such a big help to many member Thanks .Anyway while we or on the subject about coding I wonder if you could code a SMF forum bridge for the oxwall membershttp://www.simplemachines.org/...x.php?topic=453008.0  ,which would be such a good thing for oxwall
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 13 '14
Walison
Walison Jul 13 '14
Hey guys,

Are you using the mod before update to Oxwall 1.7?

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 13 '14
No am try using on 1.7 and get that error
Walison
Walison Jul 13 '14
Oxwall 1.7 have a mobile join page by oxwall...

You don't need this mod

Pete
Pete Jul 14 '14
oxwall only have a mobile join using the facebook mod
Natch
Natch Jul 14 '14
Can you please update it! It was so helpful!
Natch
Natch Jul 14 '14
The mobile join page doesn't work on Walison's website anymore due to the update.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 23 '14
Guys, we were planning to release mobile join feature within the 1.7.0 . In fact, development was completed and we do have this feature in dev packages.

Please wait for the next release ( will be coming out shortly) and you will have a mobile join.
Pages: 1 2 »