We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Allowing sitemap.xml - folders access in root. | Forum

Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Apr 3 '14
I need to know how can I let users,myself access to certain folders to files in root directory. I'm using a program that runs daily sitemaps and google can't read the sitemap.xml in the root directory.
Matthew D Zavoras
Matthew D Zavoras Apr 4 '14
I also want to know where I can edit the meta description and or get rid of it and just add my own code in the back end.
Matthew D Zavoras

Quote from Chris_W RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/ow_sitemap/

Thank you
Mike
Mike Apr 4 '14
Mathew, could you tell me what program you're using to run the sitemaps on your site? I'd like to do the same.

Thanks in advance

Mike
Mike Apr 4 '14
Thanks.. Would be nice if someone were to create a sitemap plugin for OxWall that would auto update anytime new content is added. 
Matthew D Zavoras

Quote from Chris_W I use this http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/...temap-generator.html it's the most customisable sitemap generator I've found.

Same and it doesn't cost a lot either and it's reusable on all domains.
Mike
Mike Apr 7 '14
I took your suggestion and setup a sitemap.xml file, placed the file in the root, and then added a link in the footer of my site but, when you click on the link it goes to a page saying that the page doesn't exist.

How can I correct this?

Alia Team
Alia Apr 9 '14
>>>I also want to know where I can edit the meta description and or get rid of it and just add my own code in the back end.

Admin panel>>Settings>>Languages>>search by "community" keyword (URL: sitename.com/admin/languages?&search=community)>>edit following text key

{text key='nav+page_default_description'}