We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Profile hit counter | Forum

Benjamin
Benjamin Aug 17 '11
Hi all,

Maybe someone can help me out with the following:

I want to add a hit counter block on the user profiles. Why? Because I think people love to see how popular they are. We all want to be the best, so we all want the most visitors on our profiles... :)

There are a lot of hit counters on the web. They all come with advertisement. I don't like that and want to find a way to use a custom script that I can call on the user profile pages using HTML within an added block.

Does someone have a solution? It have to be a simple hit counter. Just to count every hit in text. I will make it attractive by myself :)

Kind regards,
Benjamin
The Forum post is edited by Benjamin Aug 17 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 17 '11
I notice my host provides certain CGI scripts and one I think is a hit counter.  I am going to add this to my profile and see what happens!
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 17 '11
Well that was painless.  Just added the html my host provided me from it's "cgi centre"  and it works.  OK for a single profile edit.  I am assuming you are looking for an oxwall integrated one?
Benjamin
Benjamin Aug 18 '11
Because of your reply I also found host provided scripts. I didn't even know they had those... They have a hitcounter script but the installation did not succeed. I'm in awaiting of a reply from my host. They will fix it.
I'll let you know if it is what I need!
Benjamin
Benjamin Aug 19 '11
Ok, I finally got the hitcounter installed. It's working fine, but I need to get this thing to work with every single userprofile on the site.
Now, when I insert the provided HTML code into a custom text/html block, the counter counts every hit but doesn't see each profile as a different page to count on.

How can I install the counter so it will count on each profile seperatly?
Benjamin
Benjamin Aug 20 '11
Anybody? I think a lot of people would like to add counters to their oxwall-powered site. When we get this thing to work, we are also able to show counters on each video or photo that has been uploaded.

I really think it will be a great feature for a community based package like Oxwall because people just want to see how popular they or their uploaded items are...

So, wich file do I have to edit to get a counter on each single profile?
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 24 '11
If you are looking for an integrated counter for each user then a plugin development is the way to go.  Otherwise, users can add their own html boxes and counters as they see fit...

Yes the counter is a bit basic.  You need another option that will count unique hits/day etc?
Benjamin
Benjamin Sep 14 '11
Anybody?

I also added this question as a job. http://www.oxwall.org/market/job/73
Den Team
Den Sep 15 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Comedian
Comedian Nov 14 '13
I think this is a "MUST".
Alia Team
Alia Nov 21 '13
We accept all suggestions at http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall

As for now, if you browse the Store you can find at least 3 plugins that can be  modified to fit your needs: "Who Viewed me", "Top Users" and "Visit Notify" ( for example adding counters to "Who Viewed Me" and making those counters publicly visible).
Sen Projects
Sen Projects Nov 22 '13
It is in our development list to create a plugin wherein members can 'Like' other members profile, and a widget in the Dashboard to show 'Top Liked Profiles'.

Thanks.

HerryJoseph
HerryJoseph Aug 28 '23

The one dollar bill stands as an iconic emblem of American currency, having been in circulation since 1861. who is on the 50 dollar bill?" is a common query when discussing U.S. currency and its notable historical figures. Adorned with the portraits of two pivotal figures from U.S. history, George Washington and Alexander Hamilton, it encapsulates their profound influence. Delving into their backgrounds reveals why they earned a place on this denomination.

George Washington, renowned as the inaugural President of the United States, led from 1789 to 1797. His illustrious journey encompassed both military triumph and a role as a Founding Father. Following his instrumental role in securing victory during the Revolutionary War, his unanimous election by the Electoral College marked the onset of his presidency in 1788. During his tenure, Washington laid the foundation for enduring American political principles, cementing concepts like the separation of powers and the indispensability of institutions like Congress and the Supreme Court.