We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I need to change homepage | Forum

Angelo
Angelo Apr 9 '14
I need to change homepage , but where I can remove widget or change section?

Wich files ?

Alia Team
Alia Apr 9 '14
Angelo, not sure what you mean by "change homepage", but you can remove/rearrange widgets on the main page if you:

- visit www.sitename.com/index page
- click on "Customize this page" button
- move/rearrange widgets
- click "Finish Customizing".
Bhavika Rugnath
Bhavika Rugnath Jun 29 '14
Where can i find the files? I need to do some custom code modifications
Alia Team
Alia Jul 1 '14
Bhavika Rugnath, all depends on what kind of modifications you would like to make.

Body of the index ( homepage) is build of widgets which in turn contain content. This content is controlled by corresponding plugins. In case with widgets like "Users", "Welcome" content comes from "system_plugins".

In terms of look and feel, homepage gets its design from .html files of:

1. ow_themes/origin/html_document.html
2. ow_themes/yourthemename/dndindex.html and general.html
Bhavika Rugnath
Bhavika Rugnath Jul 1 '14
i want to change the div for the newsfeed block only on the main page
Alia Team
Alia Jul 9 '14
Bhavika Rugnath, all widgets within Oxwall inherit properties of severalglobal classes. Therefore you will not be able to change look and feel of only index widget. Changes you will be doing will effect newsfeed widgets on dashboard/profile and any other places where they are used.

On the screen shot attached you will see all the div classes involved within the "Newsfeed"  widget.

In addition all .html files related to the newsfeed plugin's widgets are located in newsfeed/views/components folder.

Please check those files and see whether changes you were planning to make can be done within them.