We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

only show (option) events for members | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
H. H. Nguyen
H. H. Nguyen Apr 12 '14
Hello,

are there somebody who can help me?

I want to set some private events (event plugin) that events should only see by the members.

Some idea?

Best regards,

H. H. Nguyen

John
John Apr 12 '14
I think the Privacy Plugin will make all events Private or public. I found it quite useless. You really need a feature many of us are screaming for - the ability to make every post, photo, blog, event etc. Public or Private. It's on Facebook so I'm told and it's a feature of Elgg. Sadly, neither Elgg or Oxwall are perfect.
H. H. Nguyen
H. H. Nguyen Apr 13 '14
yap, that's unhappily right.
John
John Apr 13 '14
I see in the blog that they're addressing the problem for photos in 1.6.1 but they haven't mentioned anything else. :-(
bobbi
bobbi Apr 13 '14
make the event by invitation only only those invited can view it no one else will see it unless they have moderator/admin rights

H. H. Nguyen
H. H. Nguyen Apr 13 '14
Hello bobbi,

but not if the event should be for all members (400 members) to see - it's too complicated.

Thanks anyway.

ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Have you considered using user roles? and make it viewable for a certain user role? or just make the event link in the main menu viewable for registered members only. If this is not what you're looking for, please elaborate what you're trying to achieve
H. H. Nguyen
H. H. Nguyen Apr 14 '14
Thx ross, but it's impossible for my project cause I need the events option to show all public events for the guest and private for the members. The invitations option is maybe alright but not when u have too much members, it's too compicated to handle. 
The Forum post is edited by H. H. Nguyen Apr 14 '14
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
well, in this case you have only "Who can view-by invitation only" option