We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Captcha issue not able to solve | Forum

Silvio
Silvio Apr 12 '14
Hi.. i've read about the issue of captcha in this thread http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/15003 and i've checked and followed the instructions above

about phpinfo look at the attachment...

on point 2 about page /base/captcha/ i still receive no image (broken one) and i cannot find any problem.

for what i can see it worked since a couple of week ago.. then when i was not able to solve the problem i just installed re-captcha plugin to permit user subscription but now i've discovered that members cannot send message to other users 'cause system captcha (not the plugin i've installed) is required.

Other things i could check? do you think removing and reinstalling GD Support and free type support could be a solution ?

regards
The Forum post is edited by Silvio Apr 12 '14
Attachments:
  captcha.png (33.65Kb)
  php.png (17.87Kb)
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Silvio, please PM me your new FTP details, as the ones we have are not correct, so we could check the issue. Thanks. 
Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '14
Sent ;)
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Silvio I can't login to FTP with the details you gave me, seems like the password is incorrect. 
Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '14
now it works :) my fault ^^

Quote from ross Silvio I can't login to FTP with the details you gave me, seems like the password is incorrect. 

Silvio
Silvio Apr 28 '14
any news about it? Users still cannot send message to "not" friends due internal captcha. There's a workaround to disable the internal one and just use the external plugin (recaptcha) ?
ross Team
ross Apr 28 '14
Silvio, did you restart your server after you turned on Error reporting. Because we still can't see any errors. Also we tried to change some files of the software, but those changes acted like we never made them. It seemed like we made changes on totally separate server. Do you use some kind of cache system like Cloudflare or similar?
Silvio
Silvio Apr 28 '14
no i don't use cache systems.. the most strange thing is that if you see the captcha on the site i've sent you doesnt works... but if you check the other one (i will wrote you the address in e-box) that is oxwall, same release, same server.. the captcha works.. i'm quite conviced that the problem is not on the operative system but probably the internal captcha have a corrupted or locked file. you could check on the other site that it works perfectly.

Yevhen
Yevhen Jul 28 '15
Was there any issue?
ross Team
ross Jul 28 '15
Yevhen, why  are you asking? Do you experience the issue with the captcha?
Yevhen
Yevhen Aug 10 '15
Sorry for the late answer. Here is mine:

http://seaclipper.info//base/captcha

In php all errors activated. Test site working:

http://test.seaclipper.info//base/captcha

Same hosting, subfolder test. No problems from hosting site. Any idea? I tried to change files with original - no changes. I think I have to move to the fresh install, but I have users...
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 10 '15
Yevhen, we can assume that the service is configured correctly and cannot lead to this issue since  the captcha works on your test site which is installed into subfolder of the main site.

We've checked your two sites: test and main; and both are using the custom join page without captcha. Also, there are two different settings on these sites.
So, we are a bit puzzled about what exactly your concerns are, and how I can assist you here.

Does the Start Page Pro plugin works with captcha? Did you remove captcha? Did you make any changes in the .htaccess files or software/plugins code?
Yevhen
Yevhen Aug 11 '15
I have disabled captcha in menu of start page plug in, as it was not working nor with plug in neither without it. I cannot accept my new users come and cannot sign up. But for few days I will bring back all the start page settings in order to fix it more quickly. In few minutes I will disable start page plugin and bring it back only after fix.
Yevhen
Yevhen Aug 11 '15
In case it is necessary - I can install all the plug ins on test site and set all the same settings.
Yevhen
Yevhen Aug 11 '15
I have sent htaccess in PM
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 11 '15
Thank you for the information. As far as we can see this is the standard .htaccess content. So, it cannot cause the problem. Could you please provide us with your cPanel and admin account access details, so we could check this issue directly on your site.
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 14 '15
@Yevhen, just to summarize.

We've found out that the problem was caused by the incorrect syntax in one of the .php file which is included before the system call to securimage.php file. One of the files contains unexpected (space or special character) symbol at the beginning of the file (before <?php tag).

Yevhen
Yevhen Aug 14 '15
After replacing some of the files all the problems gone! Thank You for a great support!
ross Team
ross Aug 16 '15
Great! Thanks for letting us know.