We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anyone else have random weird characters show up in smarty_internal_data? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jennifer
Jennifer Apr 13 '14
My website was down, completely, earlier today. Kept getting: 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$fp' (T_VARIABLE) in .../ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_data.php on line 352

Even though no files showed any revision date on my server, when I got into the smarty_internal_data file, there were some random characters thrown in, mostly non-Latin, at the beginning of the line. "variable" was changed to "pariable" and a random P was after the ; on the line...?

It was easy enough to fix looking at the original and then removing / changing the random stuff in the server file, but not sure how this could have happened... Any ideas?

I didn't do any maintenance; I didn't delete any themes... 

ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Jennifer, I check this file, everything looks decent, no any non-latin charachters, no "pariables" or any other things which do not belong. Let's see if any other community members can confirm the same thing on their websites. As this case may be individual.