We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Do oxwall cares for the cost of plugin and themes or it will keep going high | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 19 '14
almost its two years with Oxwall . and its really nice to hear from brilliant and helpful people of this community .

but as i am noticing and i think many of people who are using Oxwall  would also doing same ..

no free plugins since 1.6 is released ..well its still its not a big deal .. we all know that if a person is putting his effort he deserve something in return  .

most thinkable point is there is no control on prices ..

some plugins just a play of CSS JS and cost a lot , 

talking about themes -> if someone have just a bit of knowledge of oxwall .. he may understand it that themes are just a modification of css and graphical files a few js codes and a bit modification in theme index file.

for example we can still find codes of official Oxwall themes in latest themes 

but lets see store

for plugin its incremented from 9-10$ to 20-30$ for each plugins ..

for theme its more incremented from 5-10$ to 20-30$ for each theme 

i think oxwall team should think about it .. they should recalculate the exact value of plugin/theme and republish them .. 

please don't take it in a bad way but in a common language 

its just like fooling people who don't have coding knowledge .

suggestions or explanations from everyone are awaited  

regards 

rahul verma

The Forum post is edited by Rahul verma Apr 19 '14
JB TECH
JB TECH Apr 19 '14
Think the prices here are high? Go check out PHPFox's Add-On stores, and see the realization.
John
John Apr 19 '14
Then you can always try Elgg. Every Plugin and theme on the site is like the script . . .  FREE!

There are some brilliant plugins for Elgg. If they were available for Oxwall, no other script would come near it.

The only problem with Elgg, it doesn't have a forum plugin. There's one available through the Hype Framework but it's not brilliant.

Oxwall should demand that every plugin developer wanting to use the store commercially should submit one decent free plugin every six months to allow they products to stay there.

Oxwall like the free version of Dolphin has become too commercial.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 20 '14
@John Demanding people to work for free is considered slavery! 

@RAHUL This topic has been covered many times. The oxwall store is much like the oxwall script. What I mean by that is that's is open source. We use the forum and feedback to research the items and help each other trial and error (test stuff) together as a community. This is the reason for oxwalls success!

When it comes to the store it is not the oxwall team who is paying for or creating the code and they have no say really in how the pricing structure works for the product. They do moderate the basic plugin functions and thats more then some other scripts even do so be thankful they do that. 

I have said many times that I remember when 6 to 8 months would go by with no new plugins. The reason we have developers now as upset as it may make some people is because developers want to earn money for their work and oxwall is becoming popular. Their are also a lot of free plugins in the store currently and a lot of members hang out around here and help users. 

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Apr 20 '14
John
John Apr 20 '14
@OxwallAccessories, expecting people to pay for stuff sight unseen is called arrogance. When you show us what you're really worth, maybe I and a few others will consider you . . . worthy. Right now I wouldn't give your so-called "company" the time of day! Sorry, but you offer nothing and say a lot.
The Forum post is edited by John Apr 20 '14
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 20 '14
@John Must be over 200 members on oxwall that are arrogant,or maybe its just that one other guy who says he wont buy plugins unless some are free. 

When I make a 2 or 3 video tutorials every month showing people how to mod their websites I consider that our contribution! Not to mention John, What have you done for anyone around here that makes you so worthy of free plugins? Shouldn't It cost you money just like everybody else for a feature filled website? 

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 22 '14
Quote from OxwallAccessories @John Demanding people to work for free is considered slavery! 

@RAHUL This topic has been covered many times. The oxwall store is much like the oxwall script. What I mean by that is that's is open source. We use the forum and feedback to research the items and help each other trial and error (test stuff) together as a community. This is the reason for oxwalls success!

When it comes to the store it is not the oxwall team who is paying for or creating the code and they have no say really in how the pricing structure works for the product. They do moderate the basic plugin functions and thats more then some other scripts even do so be thankful they do that. 

I have said many times that I remember when 6 to 8 months would go by with no new plugins. The reason we have developers now as upset as it may make some people is because developers want to earn money for their work and oxwall is becoming popular. Their are also a lot of free plugins in the store currently and a lot of members hang out around here and help users. 

i never said that plugin/theme should be free , but just think about work and its price .. 

lets say you made a theme and you put it like 50$ no issue if its really worth a 50$ .. but you are a developer having really nice work on them so you really deserved  for the hard work you did .. 

but i think a $10*10 is really better than 50$*1 .

a plugin license is not like you made a stuff and you got its price for 1 time only .. it becomes a life time earning until you remove it from store . so when developers knows that its a life time earning why to put so much charges even its really don't worth that  .

and about earning money .. nobody is here who is not for money "The buyers are using plugins not for wasting only they thinks to earn in other way .

there are many developers and their plugins which are really great and still have a lower as they should be ..

its not developers who are only disappointed . its users as well .. that why you keep getting topic like this  .

i really don't see much work for a lot of themes and plugins according to their prices..

@oxwallaccessories you are also a good dev with good support .. can you please tell me how much effort its need to create a notification plugin ? can you tell me how much effort its need to put some css work and graphic effort on a theme which are in store for 25$-30$ 

will you get paid just for 1 for each items in store ? 

also open source stuffs are not like a slavery work . its your mind  so you free to think whatever you wish .. 

isn't its kind of fooling people around with just modification in css and icons ?

i will never called it work 

plugins/themes are not like cookies or candy that for each delivery you need some fund to produce them .. you made once and its done  

the reason behind you get paid for life time is you provide support and upgrade it whenever you needs 

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 22 '14
there is two words that are called reputation and popularity . that's you earn by open source projects .

and you talk about so called hard work ? there are tons of paid items in store  which codes are found over internet as opensource either they are integrated 

they are just modified so that they could work  with oxwall 

do they disrv money ? 

what about you used a script in your plugin which have a non -commercial licences of someone and you made it a paid item in oxwall ? is this called a hard work or is it now a legal  work ? 

Rahul verma
Rahul verma Apr 22 '14
Quote from Jake Brunton Think the prices here are high? Go check out PHPFox's Add-On stores, and see the realization.
well they have also a better way and its is called add-on bundles 

it will be more better if oxwall also do it ..

make bundles of plugins and themes and put it on store .. will be much much better for buyers ,developers and oxwall as well