We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can you make it tag Real Name instead of User Name? - Newsfeed Trends Twitter style | Forum

Mark
Mark Apr 24 '14

We are getting ready to release our site and we will be using  the real name as the site default - how can we change this plugin to where you can use the "@realname"  instead of the "@membername" 

Please Help

The Forum post is edited by Mark Apr 24 '14
Mark
Mark Apr 24 '14

We purchased this plugin today and LOVE IT - just need it to pull Real Names instead of user name.

Reason:

We are launching a site where the real name is actually a "business Name" and would like to be able to tag that "business name" in post - using the login name is not going to work, as the login name can not have spaces and the all the business name will have multiple spaces -

If anyone can tell me how to adjust ( edit ) to make this work it would be greatly appreciated.

We need this edited fairly quickly -

Thanks for your effort and time

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 24 '14
I will have to look into this. I will get back to you as soon as I have a solution for you. 
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 24 '14
Please ignore that pm. Unfortunately there are a few issues with modding the plugin to work that way. For starters using real names could cause an issue because users are able to have the same name in that field. Allowing spaces as well allthough not impossible would cause conflict issues as well. 
Mark
Mark Apr 25 '14

So the PM you sent is not valid and this can not be done?

I replied to your PM prior to reading this post.

Musik
Musik May 6 '14
I'm interested in this as well and will keep an eye on this thread.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 5 '14
This is not a feature we plan to implement due to many conflicting issues. 
Musik
Musik Jun 6 '14
Understood. Thanks for the update, much appreciated!
You do not have permission to reply this topic