We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I am having trouble trying to download/install, please help? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Hayley
Hayley Oct 7 '10
I downloaded it, and then it opened my "WinRar" to extract the files. So I did, NOW WHAT? I have no idea how to install it. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or my computer is messed up. Please help?
Manhar
Manhar Oct 9 '10
@ Hayley ...

just upload that content on the hosting server with FTP ... after uploading it ... try " www.yourdomain.com " in your browser and follow the instructions.

Good Luck !
Brett Bradley
Brett Bradley May 14 '23

Disable Antivirus/Firewall: Sometimes, antivirus or firewall software can interfere with the download and installation process. Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall and try downloading and installing IDM again. Remember to enable them afterward for your computer's security.

Clear Temporary Files: Clear your browser's cache and temporary files. These files can sometimes cause conflicts during the download process. After clearing the cache, restart your browser and attempt the download again.

Download from Official Website: Ensure that you are download here IDM from the official website. Downloading from reliable sources reduces the risk of downloading compromised or modified files.

Check System Requirements: Confirm that your computer meets the system requirements for IDM. Make sure you have enough storage space and that your operating system is compatible with the version of IDM you are trying to install.

Try a Different Browser: If you're experiencing issues with a specific browser, try using a different one to download IDM. For example, if you're using Chrome, try Firefox or Microsoft Edge instead.

Download the Latest Version: Check if there is a newer version of IDM available. Sometimes, older versions may have compatibility issues. Downloading the latest version can help resolve any known issues.

Run as Administrator: Right-click on the IDM installation file and select "Run as administrator." This can provide the necessary permissions for the installation process to complete successfully.

Contact IDM Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, reach out to IDM's official support team. They can provide specific guidance and assistance based on your situation.

Remember, troubleshooting steps can vary depending on your computer's configuration and the specific issue you're facing. If the problem persists, it may be helpful to provide specific details about the error message or issue you're encountering so that further assistance can be provided.