We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Only text showing in newsfeed in Groups [Solved] - Groups | Forum

Katie
Katie May 1 '14
Hi there,

Im just testing my site and especially the groups page and noticed a problem. When I post things like pictures, videos etc it only shows on the dashboard, but not in the groups. Only text is showing in the newsfeed in the groups page.

Any idea why?
Thanks
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software May 15 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 5 '14
please provide a screenshot
Katie
Katie May 5 '14
Hi there!

Ive just made a video of whats happening.

http://screencast.com/t/0zF8EcGbmFud

At the video and image shows in the groups, but then when I go to another page and then go back to groups, they are gone. Only text seems to stick.
Also in the dashboard the image and video that was originally posted in groups, are shown, but dont have the link back to the group.

Thanks for your help!
Katie

Katie
Katie May 6 '14
Any idea what the problem might be?

Katie
Katie May 7 '14
Friendly nudge :P
Katie
Katie May 8 '14
Hello? Isnt anybody else having this problem too?
Troy Merriam
Troy Merriam May 12 '14
I just seen add-on plug-ins for those purposes, I don't think it was originally designed to hold pic's ans video's
Katie
Katie May 12 '14
Awesome Troy! Thanks for that info.. any idea what it might be called, or in what category of the store I should search? Ive recently gone all the way through the store and didnt see it myself.

Thanks again for your help,
Katie
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 12 '14
Katie, you have a bunch of third-party plugins I believe. Please disable them one by one and see if the error persists.
Katie
Katie May 12 '14
Hi,

Thanks guys! your right, its the "Attachments" plugin I installed last week :P Ill go and chat to them now about this and try and get it fixed... Thanks heaps for your help,

Katie
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 15 '14
Alright, I'm going to mark the post as Solved.
Katie
Katie May 15 '14

Sergey from "Attachments" said the fix will be in the next update
You do not have permission to reply this topic