We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Deleting "member joined group" from newsfeed | Forum

Katie
Katie May 1 '14
Hi!

Ive just noticed that I cant delete the item "username joined group" from the newsfeed. Even after leaving a group the item still remains in the newsfeed. I think there should be an option to delete this incase people dont want otehrs to see what group they have joined.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks
Katie
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 5 '14
You need to do that in the database. For now this is considered as a custom code modification. Make a suggestion on userovoice.
Scott Osteen
Scott Osteen Feb 2 '16
Guys.... This should be standard!   PLEASE fix this so that group admins can delete anything that shows up within the newsfeed of THEIR group!

Please!
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Feb 5 '16
The item should disappear when the member leaves the group

See screenshots. You can test it on our demo. Isn't that so on your website Scott?
What is your software version?
What is the version of your group and newsfeed plugins?
Agus
Agus Sep 17 '16
Hi,

Anyone can help, how to make the "username joined group" from the newsfeed at group not appears. if i used "deleted post" that would be hard coz i have a thousand notif at group news feed. i make some rules so only admin group can post and create group, but when the other user joint the group all the post "username joined group" appears and make important post from admin not show up on top, or may there is a code tomake pinned post or anything to make admin post shows on top at group.

Thanks In Advance

Agus
The Forum post is edited by Agus Sep 17 '16
Attachments:
  Group joined.png (84Kb)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 20 '16
Topic was moved from Groups.