We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

delete database with users,were can I find it? [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Christer
Christer May 4 '14
Hi
I need to delete my  database of test users but its 4000 so it will take to long
to do 20 per time in admin/users. Were can I find all the users in the db so I can delete all at once?
The Forum post is edited by ross May 4 '14
John
John May 4 '14
Hi Christer.

Deleting the database can cause serious issues. You will not only loose your users, you will also loose all other changes you have made via admin and most of your plugins won't work.

If you don't know where to find the database, then you probably don't know how to use MyPHPAdmin and that could be dangerous.

Some scripts have a feature that allows you to delete sample data but I don't think Oxwall has. I'll wait for someone else to answer that one.

All I can ask is why on earth would you enter 4,000 users on a test site. I use no more than five. It does the same job.
Christer
Christer May 4 '14
ok yes i know it can be tricky. And I had a guy upload for test to copy a pack of users from one of my other site to see how it would work.playing around etc and It did not work so good for many reasons so i sitting now and delete manually ,not fun haha . Thanks John
Ps.That guy are NOT "helping" me anymore
The Forum post is edited by Christer May 4 '14
ross Team
ross May 4 '14
Chris +1
Christer
Christer May 6 '14
Hi there
ok thanks Chris, I did it manually as I really dont want to mess around in there .
Thanks guys for the help,
John
John May 6 '14
@Chris_W, just as a matter of interest: Being a relational database, won't the deletion of ow_base_user leave orphans all over the place?

I'm thinking of photos, messages, forum posts and host of other items that would contain the User ID.

Just thinking out very loud ;-)

John
The Forum post is edited by John May 6 '14
Christer
Christer May 12 '14
Hi guys
Well there was only this test profils on a blank site as test so no other messages or photos,so all is gone as I could see but I in the end I deleted the hole site and will reinstall all new and do it different.