We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Why can't users have Oxwalls store on their sites? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Kenneth
Kenneth May 7 '14
I am only wondering because clearly they have a store plugin and it's a type of plugin many users would like so why is it Oxwall site exclusive?

I'm not trying to start a petition for release just wondering why it's only allowed on the oxwall site?

Kenneth
Kenneth May 7 '14
Quote from Chris_W I don't know what Oxwall use but there is this:

Shop Pro: http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/274

Yes I have recently invested in this, It's alright just sad you have to pay for everything separate like the cart system etc. aron is known to force you to buy plugins left right and center just to have the one you want 100% functioning. :P it's not bad just not 100% solid. I was only curious as to why they offer most of their oxwall.org plugins but not the store. 

Not trying to get them to release it, I am just curious about why they are keeping it separate the only thing I can think of is security.

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth May 7 '14
Den Team
Den May 7 '14
Kenneth,

This has been already discussed here. Oxwall Store is not just a simple plugin which can be installed on any other site powered by Oxwall. But this a complex system with update server connected, which has been targeted for storing and operating plugins/themes only. 

Kenneth
Kenneth May 7 '14
Quote from Den Kenneth,

This has been already discussed here. Oxwall Store is not just a simple plugin which can be installed on any other site powered by Oxwall. But this a complex system with update server connected, which has been targeted for storing and operating plugins/themes only. 

Alright I hear yeah, Makes sense for your third party to sell directly through your website.

I take it you have also been asked about if you would consider a less server based store but with a similar layout for your oxwall software?

Den Team
Den May 8 '14
For sure, we are still considering such option, even a few solutions are already available on store.
Kenneth
Kenneth May 9 '14
Quote from Den For sure, we are still considering such option, even a few solutions are already available on store.

Alright, thanks for the feedback.

Appreciate all the free stuff you guys provide. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jan 25 '16
the solutions is store are useless ugly and dont work

and that goes for 90% of store items