We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help, no idea what to do here [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Taylor
Taylor May 10 '14
I just updated one of my plugins and I got this message(I attached a screenshot) and when I click "update" nothing happens, it just takes me to a blank webpage with this url "mysite.com/ow_updates/?plugin=ocsqsearch&back-uri=admin%252Fplugins%252Fmanual-update-request%252Fkey%252Focsqsearch"

Its not letting me do anything else until it is updated but I cannot figure out how to do it.

The Forum post is edited by ross May 12 '14
Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2014-05-10 at 8.55.10 PM.png (135.21Kb)
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн May 10 '14
If clicking the Update button doesn't work then my suggestion is to delete this plugin at cPanel then grab the latest version and re-Install..
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн May 10 '14
ross Team
ross May 11 '14
please go to your database and change plugin version then change plugin version in plugin.xml file. Then you might be able to click on the update plugin again. Seems like there was some error while updating. 
Taylor
Taylor May 12 '14
Quote from ross please go to your database and change plugin version then change plugin version in plugin.xml file. Then you might be able to click on the update plugin again. Seems like there was some error while updating. 

I'm not really sure how to do that, could you explain more in depth please?
ross Team
ross May 12 '14
go to your phpmyadmin, find ow_base_plugin table, in this table locate the row with the quick search and site search plugin and change it built to any lower value, do the same to the plugin.xml file, there will be plugin version line. File is located in the plugin folder
Taylor
Taylor May 12 '14
Quote from ross go to your phpmyadmin, find ow_base_plugin table, in this table locate the row with the quick search and site search plugin and change it built to any lower value, do the same to the plugin.xml file, there will be plugin version line. File is located in the plugin folder

It is not actually letting me click on anything in the admin area. Would it be possible for you to check it out for me?
ross Team
ross May 12 '14
it has nothing to do with the admin panel, I provided detailed instructions what to do, just follow them
Taylor
Taylor May 12 '14

Quote from ross it has nothing to do with the admin panel, I provided detailed instructions what to do, just follow them
Oh, so I do all of this in the cpanel? When you said plugin folder I was thinking plugin tab in the admin panel

ross Team
ross May 12 '14
Yes, in phpmyadmin and filemanager
Taylor
Taylor May 12 '14
Okay cool, thanks for explaining. I just got it to work, I appreciate the help
ross Team
ross May 12 '14
My pleasure, I'm going to mark this thread as solved then.