We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Change "Please Confirm Your Email Address" Page Background[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Katie
Katie May 13 '14
Hi there!

Im wondering whether someone can help me put a background picture on the "Please Confirm Your Email Address" Page. At the moment it is white (picture attached) and Id like it to look more like the login page. Actually if I could put the text in a border that would be good too. Any idea where I should start?

Thanks
Katie
The Forum post is edited by ross May 13 '14
Attachments:
  katchme-please confirm email.jpg (47.26Kb)
ross Team
ross May 13 '14
you can do that via theme customizer: 

body.ow{

background: green;

}

however it will touch inner pages of the website as well, right under the footer. 

as you can see it's also green under the footer, however you can play around with the margins or just edit the picture in order not to overlap in this area. 

Katie
Katie May 13 '14
Thanks heaps Ross!! Your soooo helpful here in these forums! Ill give it a go and let you know how it goes :)

Oh actually any ideas about putting the text in a transparent border, like the login page has?

Cheers
Katie

ross Team
ross May 13 '14
I'm sorry can you please provide a screenshot of that border? and what text are you referring to?

Katie
Katie May 13 '14
Sure :)

Ive attached a pic of my login page. Basically Id like that "Please Confirm Your Email Address" Page to have the same layout as this.

Attachments:
  katchme login.jpg (649.01Kb)
ross Team
ross May 13 '14
in this case you need to upload an image of such a box in the graphics sections and apply styles like that: 

body.ow{background-image: url('URL TO THE IMAGE') ;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:50px 50px; (change these figures to place a box to the necessary spot)}

cahng

Katie
Katie May 13 '14
Hmm I just tried this and it worked but it also changed the registration page, so Im thinking maybe I wont do it.

In my registration page though I can see the menu header and menu items. Is it possible to put this menu on the "Please Confirm Your Email Address" page?

I just want to spruce up this page abit :)
ross Team
ross May 13 '14
No, this is custom code modification. As I already noted, this class changes can reflect on other inner pages of the website. Seems like this is custom code modification as well. 
Katie
Katie May 13 '14
All good, thanks anyway :)