We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron job once per hour | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jozko
Jozko May 17 '14
Hi,

My host allowes cron jobs only once per hour. The emails by registration working fine, but notification emails are not send. Do I need make any modificaton to let email notiifcation messages go through?

Thanks.

ross Team
ross May 19 '14
Registration e-mail are sent directly, without using cron. E-mail notifications are sent by cron. Which means you cron job is not properly configured. Contact your hosting provider support and request the right command to use. 
Jozko
Jozko May 19 '14
I contacted my hosting provider before my first post here and they said all is setted correctely :-( (see attachment) They use paralles plesk as C panel which is a bit different as is shown here  http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

Any other idea?

Attachments:
  cron.jpg (33.16Kb)
ross Team
ross May 19 '14
Can you please try to send mass mail, before that open your phpmyadmin and check your ow_base_mail table and see if the table clears?
Jozko
Jozko May 20 '14
Thx ross, I'm not familiar with phpmyadmin and dont know what you mean with "if table clears".

Attached is screen shot of the table.

Attachments:
  ow_base_mail.jpg (393.11Kb)
ross Team
ross May 20 '14
it should empties itself 
Jozko
Jozko May 20 '14
I tried mass mail and works fine. :-). 

Jozko
Jozko May 21 '14

Any idea for notification email?

ross Team
ross May 21 '14
So you get the mass mail. Can you please send a screenshot of the e-mail notification settings on your website?
Jozko
Jozko May 21 '14

Hi ross, Where can I find e-mail notification settings? The installed plugin have no setting option. See attach. One week ago I sent you admin details to login. They are still the same. Please login to see whats worng.

Thank you very much.

Attachments:
  activity notification.jpg (62.43Kb)
ross Team
Jozko
Jozko May 21 '14

ok :-)

in the attach

Attachments:
  notif.jpg (40.73Kb)
ross Team
ross May 21 '14
please, set it to immediately and try again
totao
totao May 21 '14
Quote from Jozko Hi,

My host allowes cron jobs only once per hour. The emails by registration working fine, but notification emails are not send. Do I need make any modificaton to let email notiifcation messages go through?

Thanks.

Hi Jozko,
Using third party webcron like easycron.com. EasyCron allows scheduling cron jobs run every minute.