We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Abandoned Plugins | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Shaun
Shaun May 26 '14
After Paul and Foxtechs removed their accounts a few week ago I lost access to the plugings that I had paid for through the Oxwall store.

For example

Chatrooms
Ads pro
Multi checkout

And a few more besides.

I would like to know if these plugins are still covered by any oxwall licenses. I assume they not since they are no longer listed in the store and the developers have dissapeared.
If not could I offer a copy of these plugins to another developer to continue working on and offer support?

I think Oxwall seriously need to consider that upon developers deleting their accounts anyone who has a paid for plugin should still have access to download those plugins supported or not. I paid alot of money for them to just have them dissapear from my purchases list.
Pete
Pete May 26 '14
Jake as put all these mods on one of the boards for free ,so I guess he wont mind you getting these mods updated from a third party .
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories May 26 '14
If jake and paul wanted to allow us to pick up support for their code and leave attributions to them we would be happy to. If we work with and modify the code we may resell of course. But as long as source code is left we have no  problem leaving credit in said plugins.  
Shaun
Shaun May 27 '14
Thats kind of what I was hoping for. I am not really looking for to pay for any further development just wondered if another developer would consider taking the plugins on and offering support on them.

The adspro plugin was very good but at times it would become buggy. i would ber happy to pay a small fee and I am sure others would too to see it developed further but I would not want to pay full price a second time round. I have allready paid once.

The chatrooms are show alot of promise too. I would really like to see that plugin developed further.

If I was willing pay for that plugin to be improved how much would i be looking at? Again I am sure the community would like to see it developed.

Jake, your a good man and do believe you had nothing but good Intensions. I am sorry you was so badly let down.
Kenneth
Kenneth Jun 21 '14
4.3 Oxwall Foundation reserves the right to deactivate any and all Goods no longer supported and/or updated by The User.

Until this line is removed you are out of luck I have a previous Thread I talked about bad vs good devs who take your money and run and unfortunately there is no protection towards this once their paypal has your money they can leave whenever they wish.

Diego
Diego Dec 18 '21
One possible reason is that the plugin developer may have discontinued support for the plugin. Now I need to click here for help in essay to complete it before deadline. Another possibility is that the plugin may not be compatible with the most recent version of Oxwall.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
From verification of their qualifications to ascertain that they have the requisite skills and experience, we make sure that we sieve the good ones to get the best. Fullerton Bathroom Remodeling