We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Restrict Forum Posts in single forum to 1 User Role. | Forum

Craig
Craig May 28 '14
Hi,

I have a few forums on my site and was wondering if there was a way to restrict it so that only 1 user role can add topics but is only viewable by all roles

Is this possible?
bobbi
bobbi May 28 '14
try admin - privacy and permissions you can choose what your user roles can and cant do from there :)
Craig
Craig May 28 '14
Hi bobbi,

I have tried this but that seems to restrict all the forums. I only want to restrict new topics to one user role in one forum not all of them.

Any ideas
bobbi
bobbi May 28 '14
assuming you have created different user roles you can select which roles can create/edit a forum topic and which ones can view them so eg you could have say gold member can create a topic and view it but silver members can only view topics, a friend of mine had his forum set up this way when he had a oxwall site a couple of years ago
Craig
Craig May 28 '14
I understand this, But if I do it stops the "bronze" member from being able to create topics in all sections within the forums

I only want to restrict the one forum not all of them.
ross Team
ross May 28 '14
This is not possible to do within default software, this is considered as a custom code modification
Craig
Craig May 30 '14
Does anybody have any idea how I could do this custom code?

ross Team
ross Jun 1 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.