We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Required First and Last name | Forum

Sheila Strickland
Sheila Strickland Sep 10 '11
I have set required real name first and last however members can still join using only their first name.  Is there a bug fix for this that I have missed.  If the full name is required then they should not be able to join if the have not filled out the form correctly.  Is this right or am I mistaken?
Joe
Joe Sep 10 '11
I think this is a bug they're aware of. I have the same problem with making fields required and appearing on the signup page. When I save the changes they don't take effect. When I go back and check the fields they were not saved. If I recall correctly they are aware of it.
Sheila Strickland
Sheila Strickland Sep 10 '11
Thanks Joe - I find it hard to find items in the forum because there is so much to go through.  I would hope the next update will fix these bugs.  Thanks again!
Mickael
Mickael Sep 12 '11

Quote from JoeJ I think this is a bug they're aware of. I have the same problem with making fields required and appearing on the signup page. When I save the changes they don't take effect. When I go back and check the fields they were not saved. If I recall correctly they are aware of it.
same here
Den Team
Den Sep 13 '11
Sheila Strickland
As I see on your site, you mean that system have to check that both (first and last name) are filled in one input field. It is impossible to do in this way. You need to create two separate fields and make both required :)

Would you give more details please? What version does you use?
Joe
Joe Sep 13 '11
Hi Addenster - Using 1.2.3. I create a new question and check the boxes Required | On Signup | On Search, then click edit. When I go to the sign up and search page that question is not there. When I go back to edit the question I find the check boxes are unchecked and never saved. I included a couple of screen shots.
Thanks'
Joe
Attachments:
  Screen.jpg (438.15Kb)
Den Team
Den Sep 15 '11
Got it. Would you try to update to 1.2.4
This bug was fixed with this update.