We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Install problems | Forum

Anton
Anton Sep 13 '11
Hi I look forward to your help. when I install oxwall writes in the third step can not connect to the database. All data on several occasions rechecked on a server running joomla wordpress and no problems there. server on ubuntu lamp can I do something wrong?
The Forum post is edited by Anton Sep 13 '11
Attachments:
  1.jpg (45.85Kb)
Den Team
Den Sep 13 '11
Hello
You need to check your mysql connection info. This error means that script cound;t connect and select mysql database you have pointed.
Den Team
Den Sep 13 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Anton
Anton Sep 13 '11
You need to check your mysql connection info.What   mysql connection info?   I understand the meaning of this error: that script cound;t connect and select mysql database you have pointed. I need to know the reason for this not what it means. I put myself on a server with a dozen different engines that work with MYSQL and always creates the database with no problems. What's so special oxwall, that he can not create a table in the database.

Den Team
Den Sep 13 '11
There are any special settings for mysql connection. Check that user you have pointed have full permissions for selected database. Also, check that you have mysql PDO installed on your server.
Anton
Anton Sep 13 '11
1. my user is ROOT.2. don't want to install PDO or PDO_MySQL through pecl. PDO was moved into PHP core in 5.1.0 and the extensions in the PECL repository are quite old. You can find the pdo_mysql extension in the php5-mysql (apt-get install php5-mysql) package.
Max
Max Sep 13 '11
Hi !
Have you a password with the user ROOT ?
I got this problem with another script, when no password was set for root...
Anton
Anton Sep 14 '11
Of course root have a password. The strangeness is that I put on the server: Elgg, Jcow Social Networking, Dolphin, Social Engine, Elite Media Line Social Network 2, SilverCross, Excalibur, Explay, CMS LiveStreet, Kootali, AzDG Dating Medium, Instant CMS, and has a whole slew of engines . And there were no problems. Tell me what is special about oxwall that I can not install it. Would long ago have abandoned the idea, simply because of his stubborn interesting.
Den Team
Den Sep 14 '11
Would you send me PM with your FTP/phpMyAdmin details. Our dev team will check it and try to install.
Den Team
Den Nov 21 '11
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.