We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Feature Request - User Welcome Message | Forum

Shaun
Shaun May 31 '14
Hi Purus if at possible could you make it so the admin can add a number of names that can be selected to be sender of the pm.

Then the site could pick a name from the list and send the pm in order of the names listed. When it reaches the last name it simply starts from the begining.

It would also be a big improvement if the the name selected from the list of choices given by the admin could then be automacticly made into a friend.

Thanks

Shaun.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I could not quite get you.. Sorry. Please explain in detail.
Shaun
Shaun May 31 '14
I will try,

Instead of picking 1 member to have as the sender of the private message welcoming a new user to the site, could add upto ten people and then have the website send the message from a diffrent sender everytime someone signs up.

The sender should only be from people I have entered into the plugins "message should be sent by" list.

So for example

I have ten users added to the "message should be sent by list"

new member 1 would receave the welcome message by Greeter 1
new member 2 would receave the welcome message by greeter 2
ect until you run out of greeters and so the welcome message would be sent by greeter 1 again.

hope that makes sense lol.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yeah. I got it now. Thanks. I will see when I can add this feature.
Shaun
Shaun May 31 '14
Your a good man Purus and thanks for the support in my other issue.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for your kind words.
Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 17 '14
Hi Purus,

could you maybe include more possible variables, so that the welcome message can show the link to the users profile and to the profile edit page ?

Thank you!

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Sep 17 '14
I just realized, that the profile edit page is a URL independant from the user name, so no need for that...
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Will see and do if required.
You do not have permission to reply this topic