We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email validation is not being sent out | Forum

Doug
Doug Jun 18 '14
Last night the site crashed and get server error 500. The tech for my isp checked on it for about an hour and said it's not the server, but the software's problem.

So, TODAY (Tuesday) I reinstalled the program again. Now, in the first install, email validations went out just fine. But now in the 2nd and current installation, they are not going out at all.

Here is my BIGGEST problem. As admin, I updated my profile, it then sent me to page asking if I wanted to send validation email and like an IDIOT said yes and logged off to see if I would get the validation email. Well, I DIDN"T. NOW, even though I can log in with my id/pw, it keeps sending me to the page asking me "Do you want to send the validation email?" and there is NO way I can figure out how to get around that darn page.

ANY help anyone?
Thanks

ross Team
ross Jun 18 '14
Do you mean verification e-mail?

First, There's no such a functional in the software, as far as I know,  when you update your profile, the software redirects you to the page where it asks whether you want to validate your e-mail. Please, shed more light on this matter. 

Second, if it is verification e-mail it should be sent directly by the mail server without using Cron jobs, which means there's something wrong with the mail server of your hosting provider. 

If it is a verification e-mail, you can go to the phpmyadmin, find ow_base_user table and change table emailVerify for that user to "1" by doing so you'll verify the e-mail. 

Doug
Doug Jun 18 '14
Yes, I do mean verification email. It eventually ALL got sent back to the admin's mail box as undeliverable. My ISP has gone over everything you talked about and the mail server is work and the email/verify 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 20 '14
go here
http://www.mail-tester.com/
 copy the email addy and then go your site admin invite members and send to that addy then go back to the testing site and click the test button 

it will tell you if and where and how to fix any problems 
if you find no problems there other site to test the email addy that got bounced back to you see if is a real addy or not 
Doug
Doug Jun 20 '14
Thanks much!
Ow, my ISP wanted me to ask if the whole site is SUPPOSED to be at 777 on attributes?
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 20 '14
no look here
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14334

did your mail pass the mail test ???