We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is there a way to change the admin's email address so that it STAYS that way? | Forum

Doug
Doug Jun 19 '14
When we first installed the program, I put down a yahoo email address as the email addy for admin. Now, my isp has gone over this problem of no email notifications going out big time (and now we have problems with verified members email not reaching the admin email addy), and he is convinced that the returned email I'm getting at my yahoo address I first put down as the admins email address is what is REJECTING all the emails. In other words:YAHOO MAIL! It ends up in the spam filter there on the yahoo email addy. Shortly after we discovered that, I went into the admin's profile and changed the email address to a NON yahoo address. But the problem is STILL taking place.

Bottom line: is there a way to change the admin's email addy and make that change stick?
|
ross Team
ross Jun 23 '14
Doug, can you please check the DB via phpmyadmin the tables: ow_base_config for site e-mail and ow_base_user for your e-mail. Are those the same? You can change them directly in the database and try if the error persists, if so please get back to us