We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Field to select countries and cities | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martin
Martin Sep 26 '11
Hello friends I'm trying to create a field with countries but only lets me enter 31 items.
Is there another way to create a field for localization?
Den Team
Den Sep 26 '11
Hello
Currently no. Location fields is already in our roadmap and will be released in some of the next updates.
Max
Max Sep 26 '11
Hi!
I had this problem with location and the only solution i found is to create location field as text where user enter what he wants. It's not great but it works if users don't write joke ^^
Etienne
Etienne Sep 27 '11
I think, an input field it's not a solution for location.

A field dropdown list with the possibility to choose the location (at least the country) it's really essential for Oxwall!
The Forum post is edited by Etienne Sep 27 '11
Aarron
Aarron Sep 27 '12

Quote from Den HelloCurrently no. Location fields is already in our roadmap and will be released in some of the next updates.

Any news on when a localized Location Field will be added to the updates? As my members are asking to search for people this way.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 27 '12
Aaron, I can not tell yet when this feature will be updated.
Maryam
Maryam Sep 30 '12

Quote from Etienne I think, an input field it's not a solution for location.

A field dropdown list with the possibility to choose the location (at least the country) it's really essential for Oxwall!
Totally Agree!!!

Maria-Christina Rus
Maria-Christina Rus Oct 10 '12
Any chance on a date for this?

thanks

Alia Team
Alia Oct 10 '12
Unfortunately no news on the date yet.
Tom
Tom Oct 11 '12
I'm really interested in this feature too.  Thanks for the update Aliia.
Ricardo
Ricardo Oct 30 '12
I'm also interested in having a dropdown field with countries, because the option to allow the user to enter contries, well as allowing mistakes, is not feasible in my site, because I have translated into Spanish, and oxwall not support international characters. If a user enters "España" or "Françe" as a country, do not appear in the search results because of the "ñ" or ç.
And since most of my users are Spanish I have a big problem:(

I hope that soon have a solution for countries.